Windows 10: How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?

Discus and support How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter forgot to sign out of our home PC yesterday, so when she tried to use her laptop at school she'd already used up all her time. I checked... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by remy.saville, Feb 4, 2021.

1. How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?

My daughter forgot to sign out of our home PC yesterday, so when she tried to use her laptop at school she'd already used up all her time. I checked the time in family link and it was definitely over night while she slept.

Surely there is a better way than expecting a child to never ever forget to sign out?

:)

remy.saville, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Feb 4, 2021
  4. How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked?

1. How do I prevent time from being used while the screen is locked? - Similar Threads - prevent being used

2. How do I prevent windows from "locking" itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent windows from "locking" itself: Every time i try to play a game on my laptop windows will pop up a screen that say Locking and then turn itself off, I want to turn this off, even if i have to use the regedit...
  3. How do I prevent windows from "locking" itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent windows from "locking" itself: Every time i try to play a game on my laptop windows will pop up a screen that say Locking and then turn itself off, I want to turn this off, even if i have to use the regedit...
  4. How Do I Prevent Files In Usb From Being Copied Or Deleted Using C#

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Prevent Files In Usb From Being Copied Or Deleted Using C#: i want to develop an windows application which restrict users to copy media files from usb be it mp3,mp4, etc. based on password protection. user can only play media files and can't copy or delete. plese suggest me some solution with example if possible......
  5. How do I increase the time before screen locks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I increase the time before screen locks?: How do I increase the time before screen locks? Not trying to disable that feature completely just want to increase the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-the-time-before-screen-locks/0f054945-eac8-407b-be61-34678c091487
  6. Preventing Stolen Laptop From Being Used

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preventing Stolen Laptop From Being Used: If someone steals a Windows laptop (in my case a Surface Pro 6 for example), is there any way to prevent that person from formatting the drive and installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 to bypass my login password? I started thinking about how easy it seems to bypass the...
  7. How do I prevent Search from using CPU Time & Network in App History?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I prevent Search from using CPU Time & Network in App History?: Hello,I just installed yesterday Windows 10 LTSB for the first time. The last 4 years I've been using only Windows 8.1 Pro and prior to that Windows 7. I have noticed that under App history tab the Search is using 3 seconds of CPU time and 0.4MB of Network data it is also...
  8. Unable to prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to prevent screen from locking: I have tried different things on this Windows 10 but cannot do away with this feature that locks my screen every time I walk away from it (after how long I am unsure but only a matter of minutes). It is annoying to have to keep logging in. I am placing this in the...
  9. how do i prevent windows from deleting lock screen spotlight images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i prevent windows from deleting lock screen spotlight images: in this dire in run command %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets i can easily find lockscreens i do need these wallpapers but windows delete most of them and update them every short time how do i make it keeps...
  10. How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen: I've been able to bypass login on startup but I still need to log in from the Lock Screen. Any way to prevent this? James 18622