Windows 10: How do I prevent unauthorized third party launch of my browser?

Discus and support How do I prevent unauthorized third party launch of my browser? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Default browser : Firefox Windows version : 21H1 (OS buil 19043.1081) Some apps after install, automatically opens my default browser, "To thank... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by camelia, Jul 2, 2021.

1. camelia Win User

How do I prevent unauthorized third party launch of my browser?

Hello, Default browser : Firefox Windows version : 21H1 (OS buil 19043.1081) Some apps after install, automatically opens my default browser, "To thank me for installing" or "Thank me for download it" I am tired of this, is there any way to stop open my default browser automatically? Maybe cheating Windows I do not have a default browser? I found this app for Windows but does not work in Windows 10 Browser Chooser 2: a different browser of your choice each time I found this question but breaking something in registry does not sound like a good idea How do I prevent unauthorized third party launch of my browser? | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support Any other suggestion? Thanks

:)

camelia, Jul 2, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Browser launches after sleep

Hi and thank you for your response, followed the steps above and rebooted sadly still no change. Browser still launches after sleep. I have tried what you suggest plus number of variations of uninstall, reinstall, downloading latest vendor drivers, using
    windows update to to get lastest drivers and letting control panel install drivers all with no change. Is there anything else you can suggest?

paulandratbags, Jul 2, 2021
  4. How do I prevent unauthorized third party launch of my browser?

Prevent unauthorized file delete

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. I have two user accounts - one is a administrator account and the second one is a standard user account.

I have 5 disk partitions namely C, D, E, F and G. Now I want to restrict the standard user account from accessing E, F and G partitions. The standard user can view or read the files in it but should not be able to modify or delete the files.

For this I have used Security options available in folder properties. I have added the standard user account and have unmarked following: Full Control, Modify and Write. But still I am able to deleted files and folders from the standard user account.

Kindly suggest me the steps to protect the files from unauthorized modification and deletion.

Subhadeep Kanungo, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

How do I prevent unauthorized third party launch of my browser?

1. How do I prevent unauthorized third party launch of my browser? - Similar Threads - prevent unauthorized third

2. how will i download other third party apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how will i download other third party apps?: How will i download play it application in my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-download-other-third-party-apps/88296c5c-46ff-4095-b280-438e26732c11
  3. How do I download and open a third party game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download and open a third party game: I have a HP Laptop 14 with windows 11 on it and I got it to play games on steam as well as to play this free cat game. How ever when ever I go to open any of it up to finish the download it tells me Microsoft doesn’t want me to do that. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. How do I download and open a third party game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I download and open a third party game: I have a HP Laptop 14 with windows 11 on it and I got it to play games on steam as well as to play this free cat game. How ever when ever I go to open any of it up to finish the download it tells me Microsoft doesn’t want me to do that. How do I fix this issue?...
  5. Domain Block Indicators are not preventing connections from third party browsers or utilities

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Domain Block Indicators are not preventing connections from third party browsers or utilities: We've been testing block indicators in MDE and set blocks for two url's, one with full https path and another with only "domain.com" format.Traffic to these domains are being correctly blocked in Edge browser by SmartScreen, but although alerts are generated alluding to a...
  6. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  7. Browser is blocking third-party cookies

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Browser is blocking third-party cookies: I'm trying to send in a device for refurbished replacement and no matter what browser I use I get this error: Your browser is blocking third-party cookies. Please use another device to complete this activity.I have updated the settings for each browser, in Edge I did that...
  8. Third party software is not able to launch Microsolft Outlook.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Third party software is not able to launch Microsolft Outlook.: My Fine pix studio is not opening Microsoft Outlook that enables me to send a picture through my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-party-software-is-not-able-to-launch/8738fe41-4cfb-4d3b-ba4c-4f9bf8bd8452
  9. How do I know if I accept third party cookies?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I know if I accept third party cookies?: how do I know if I accept third party cookies * Moved from Insider * Original title: cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-i-accept-third-party-cookies/8e203663-57c5-49df-87dc-0dd1d967416b
  10. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...