Windows 10: How do I prevent unnecessary changes in setting caused by updates?

Discus and support How do I prevent unnecessary changes in setting caused by updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know how to stop unnecessary, minor changes in laptop/Word/etc settings done by upgrades? Let me give you an example to clarify:-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ur ufjfhfkgjfHxufjfhfjfnf, Jun 10, 2021.

1. How do I prevent unnecessary changes in setting caused by updates?

Hi, I would like to know how to stop unnecessary, minor changes in laptop/Word/etc settings done by upgrades? Let me give you an example to clarify:- once I bought my laptop 6 months ago, I would personalize it by selecting dark mode over light mode, I would set a picture for my screen, etc. However, it only took one upgrade to erase all those settings and I had to start all over again - of course, I posted a question about it here and the problem was solved by checking an option somewhere. Now both my screen picture and dark mode are safe from changes.- this week, the page in a Word document

:)

Ur ufjfhfkgjfHxufjfhfjfnf, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 10, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jun 10, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

How do I prevent unnecessary changes in setting caused by updates?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

How do I prevent unnecessary changes in setting caused by updates?

1. How do I prevent unnecessary changes in setting caused by updates? - Similar Threads - prevent unnecessary changes

2. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings: In my x32Win10ProV22H2 the settings for SNAP and for DISPLAY FULL PATH IN TITLE BAR keep getting reset from time to time. Is there anyway to lock them down to prevent unwanted reversal ?...
  3. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings: In my x32Win10ProV22H2 the settings for SNAP and for DISPLAY FULL PATH IN TITLE BAR keep getting reset from time to time. Is there anyway to lock them down to prevent unwanted reversal ?...
  4. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error caused BSOD. What's causing it and how do I prevent this error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error caused BSOD. What's causing it and how do I prevent this error...: The only new thing I did today was download ModAPI.exe for the "The Forest" game from here https://modapi.survivetheforest.net and update NVIDIA GeForce drivers. The BSOD that happened twice both happened while I was playing "The Forest". Also, idk if this is related to the...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error caused BSOD. What's causing it and how do I prevent this error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error caused BSOD. What's causing it and how do I prevent this error...: The only new thing I did today was download ModAPI.exe for the "The Forest" game from here https://modapi.survivetheforest.net and update NVIDIA GeForce drivers. The BSOD that happened twice both happened while I was playing "The Forest". Also, idk if this is related to the...
  7. Annoying Updates Causing Changed Settings!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Annoying Updates Causing Changed Settings!: Whilst I understand the need for updates, I'm really annoyed that they now change my settings, even when I have updates switched off because, for some reason you seem to think you have the right to force updates on me. Now all my email inboxes are linked and I can't unlink...
  8. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?: I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data...
  9. How do I prevent update to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I prevent update to Windows 10?: My 89 year old mother got forced to do the update to Windows 10 and just two days later, finds that her start button doesn't work and she can't start most of her apps. I expect she will agree to revert to Windows 8.1 and I found some instructions to do that. What will I...
  10. Unnecessary Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unnecessary Updates: How do you stop Windows 10 Updates from retrying to install an update for printer that is not needed? 15132