Windows 10: How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?

Discus and support How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight. Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Bansaw Win User

How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?

I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight.

Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the night and this has caused the copy to stop etc.

I already renamed the Reboot file to Reboot.old in this directory:
    C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator

What else can I do to stop Win10 from rebooting ?

(Win10 Pro, latest)

:)

Bansaw, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Rocky Win User

Why would your computer reboot at night? Something does not sound right there.

Rocky, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Bansaw Win User
    Bansaw, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Bansaw Win User

I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight.

Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the night and this has caused the copy to stop etc.

I already renamed the Reboot file to Reboot.old in this directory:
    C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator

What else can I do to stop Win10 from rebooting ?

(Win10 Pro, latest)

Bansaw, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ? - Similar Threads - prevent Win10 rebooting

2. How to prevent win10 from powering on during hibernate or poweroff

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent win10 from powering on during hibernate or poweroff: It seems now the MS don't want you to turn off your PC and want you to leave it on 24/7, which seems a bit suspicious to me. I have had win10 v1909 installed for some time now, and it's been regularly updated, but this update with the new Edge, has caused my computer to...
  3. How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?: I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight. Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the night and this has caused the copy to stop etc. I already renamed the Reboot file to Reboot.old in this directory:...
  4. How do I reboot / shutdown

How do I reboot / shutdown: How do Reboot or Shutdown my PC without having all of my previously open windows or programs reopen as soon as I sign back in? submitted by /u/cjbravo1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hr1wwn/how_do_i_reboot_shutdown/
  5. Keeps rebooting at night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keeps rebooting at night: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap_uW0l_2bY5iCK4P-lvHawOwNPg?e=mc0XWF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keeps-rebooting-at-night/dabab5cd-af38-47a6-9e4d-b71fcb1848c8
  6. How do I prevent Windows message:

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I prevent Windows message:: How do I prevent this message after waking the computer up: "Microsoft recommends the browser that gives you world-class performance with more privacy while you browse"...
  7. How to prevent windows reboots?

How to prevent windows reboots?: I run a Linux VM on my Win10 machine at work and plan to travel for a week or more. I’d like to be able to connect to the Linux instance, but if windows reboots then obviously it won’t restart my Linux instance automatically and I need to ask someone to turn it back on. Is...
  8. Preventing reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing reboot: Hi, I'm using a computer with Windows 10 to monitor an automated machine (over few weeks or months), so I would like to prevent this computer from automatic reboot. However I don't find any options close to that in the control panel. How can I disable automatic reboot ?...
  9. How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent the font cache from rebuilding at every reboot?: I've noticed that, since I have a lot of fonts, certain programs (such as iTunes, BabelPad, JDownloader 2, and wxMaxima) hang (or won't start) until the font cache is rebuilt, if they're started immediately after reboot/logon. How do I set it so the cache only rebuilds if the...
  10. How do you prevent windows update from installing during a reboot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you prevent windows update from installing during a reboot?: How do you prevent windows 10 windows update from installing during a reboot? In fact, I had to stop one that was taking forever longer than 10 minutes, it keep saying updating windows don't turn off. The mysterious update wasn't in the windows update list. I will restore...