Windows 10: How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?

Discus and support How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight. Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Bansaw Win User

How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?

I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight.

Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the night and this has caused the copy to stop etc.

I already renamed the Reboot file to Reboot.old in this directory:
    C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator

What else can I do to stop Win10 from rebooting ?

(Win10 Pro, latest)

:)

Bansaw, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Rocky Win User

Why would your computer reboot at night? Something does not sound right there.

Rocky, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Bansaw Win User
    Bansaw, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Bansaw Win User

I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight.

Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the night and this has caused the copy to stop etc.

I already renamed the Reboot file to Reboot.old in this directory:
    C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator

What else can I do to stop Win10 from rebooting ?

(Win10 Pro, latest)

Bansaw, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ? - Similar Threads - prevent Win10 rebooting

2. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  3. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    awake during the night: Hi my laptop temperature is decently hot going into hardcore gaming like warzone goes to low 80 but I do believe the cause of this is because my CPU is on during the night, as when I look at task manager it say above 1 day then it shuts down at night, does anybody know how to...
  4. awake during the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent my screen to turn on in the middle of the night during MS windows updates

How to prevent my screen to turn on in the middle of the night during MS windows updates: My screen "wakes up" in the middle of the night during MS windows 10 updates. It wakes me up. How can I prevent MS windows to turn on the screen during updates?...
  6. PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly reboots/crashes during the night - every night: Hello all, unsure where to post this so hopefully it gets moved to the right place. I've recently upgraded my cpu and memory and every morning when I wake up, my pc has rebooted. I've followed the steps to create a zip file as requested. Winver: OS Build 19041.572 166743
  7. How to prevent win10 from powering on during hibernate or poweroff

How to prevent win10 from powering on during hibernate or poweroff: It seems now the MS don't want you to turn off your PC and want you to leave it on 24/7, which seems a bit suspicious to me. I have had win10 v1909 installed for some time now, and it's been regularly updated, but this update with the new Edge, has caused my computer to...
  8. How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?: I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight. Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the night and this has caused the copy to stop etc. I already renamed the Reboot file to Reboot.old in this directory:...
  9. How to prevent windows reboots?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent windows reboots?: I run a Linux VM on my Win10 machine at work and plan to travel for a week or more. I’d like to be able to connect to the Linux instance, but if windows reboots then obviously it won’t restart my Linux instance automatically and I need to ask someone to turn it back on. Is...
  10. How do you prevent windows update from installing during a reboot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you prevent windows update from installing during a reboot?: How do you prevent windows 10 windows update from installing during a reboot? In fact, I had to stop one that was taking forever longer than 10 minutes, it keep saying updating windows don't turn off. The mysterious update wasn't in the windows update list. I will restore...