Windows 10: How do I prevent Windows 10 from randomly changing my color and sound themes? i.e. turn...

Discus and support How do I prevent Windows 10 from randomly changing my color and sound themes? i.e. turn... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 randomly changes my color and sound themes i.e. turn from dark to light, equalization on to off etc. which forces me to waste lots of time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JMFJMFJMFJMF, Jul 10, 2020.

1. How do I prevent Windows 10 from randomly changing my color and sound themes? i.e. turn...

Windows 10 randomly changes my color and sound themes i.e. turn from dark to light, equalization on to off etc. which forces me to waste lots of time to rectify the situation. Is there any way to prevent this, and more generally speaking, to lock all settings so that they cannot be changed automatically?

:)

JMFJMFJMFJMF, Jul 10, 2020

2. How do I change the color on my screen

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on the query, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the make and model of the computer?
    2. When you say “I have tried everything” please let us know the steps that you have performed?
    3. May I know are you trying to change desktop background color or the theme color in settings page?

Please refer
    Change desktop background and colors
    on how personalize the accent color and check if it helps.

Feel free the get back to us with details and results after performing the steps that were asked and suggested, for further assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jul 10, 2020
  3. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 10, 2020
  4. How do I prevent Windows 10 from randomly changing my color and sound themes? i.e. turn...

Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I prevent Windows 10 from randomly changing my color and sound themes? i.e. turn...

1. How do I prevent Windows 10 from randomly changing my color and sound themes? i.e. turn... - Similar Threads - prevent randomly changing

2. How do i stop windows 10 from turning on my sound effects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows 10 from turning on my sound effects?: I absolutely HATE these annoying sound effects that windows make when anything happens. I have turned them off many many times but it only lasts for a while. A few weeks later windows have automatically forced those annoying sound effects on me again. How do I stop this...
  3. How do i stop windows 10 from turning on my sound effects?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop windows 10 from turning on my sound effects?: I absolutely HATE these annoying sound effects that windows make when anything happens. I have turned them off many many times but it only lasts for a while. A few weeks later windows have automatically forced those annoying sound effects on me again. How do I stop this...
  4. How do i stop windows 10 from turning on my sound effects?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10: At times, you might want to prevent users from changing the theme in Windows 10 computers. If so, you can use the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor to block other users from changing the Windows 10 theme. Prevent users from changing Theme in Windows 10 using...
  6. can't prevent theme from changing taskbar color

can't prevent theme from changing taskbar color: i,can't fix the taskbar color in windows 10 it always chages due to desktop background i managed to find a run command that allowed me to prevent changing mouse theme that was removed in windows 10. but i cant find a code or method for the taskbar even the way in the image...
  7. How do I get sound themes back? Windows 10

How do I get sound themes back? Windows 10: Back in Windows 7 there were a couple of sound themes such as garden, zen etc. These changed the sound effects when you had, for example, an alert or message notification. The only method I know now to get more themes is to search for themes with sound on the web version but...
  8. how do i change my theme to xp on windows 10

how do i change my theme to xp on windows 10: I don't have details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-theme-to-xp-on-windows-10/6c69cd9d-7d6e-439b-8d70-8fe4ffd00f88
  9. When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing?

When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing?: I'm just wondering if there's some way to prevent the mouse scheme from changing back to its default whenever I switch Themes I've downloaded from Microsoft. Anytime I change one it defaults back and is driving me nuts. I am not sure if it can be done however. 82627
  10. Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?

Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?: This is a problem I've seen solved in Vista a lot, but isn't something I can find a help thread for at all with Windows 10. :/ I am unable to change the theme color from an icky blue. I can change the desktop, I can enable and disable the color on the Start, taskbar, etc., I...