Windows 10: How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device?

Discus and support How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have a laptop that has a bad touchscreen. The rest of the machine is fine but the touchscreen takes over the system. When we disable it, the user is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ISDPCMAN(2), Jan 16, 2019.

1. How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device?

We have a laptop that has a bad touchscreen. The rest of the machine is fine but the touchscreen takes over the system. When we disable it, the user is able to work on the system just fine. But if they log off or reboot (or Microsoft does one of those forced updates we can't seem to turn off) something re-enables the touchscreen and the user is unable to use the computer, again.

This is a TERRIBLE feature of Windows 10! Please keep disabled hardware DISABLED!!! There is no BIOS option to disable the touchscreen so I can only do it from Control Panel -> Devices. HOW can we make this "Disabled" status PERMANENT??

Note: We have tried uninstalling the drivers but Windows Update keeps reinstalling them and turning on the Touchscreen feature! ARGHHHHH!!!!

:)

ISDPCMAN(2), Jan 16, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Jan 16, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 16, 2019
  4. How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device?

Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device?

1. How do I prevent Windows 10 from re-enabling a disabled device? - Similar Threads - prevent enabling disabled

2. How do I re-enable a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-enable a device?: I disabled my laptop thinking it will remove the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-re-enable-a-device/15496b0e-5886-464a-91b3-3e2e2f46d9cc
  3. How do I re-enable a device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-enable a device?: I disabled my laptop thinking it will remove the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-re-enable-a-device/15496b0e-5886-464a-91b3-3e2e2f46d9cc
  4. Re-enable a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-enable a device: I disabled my laptop because I thought it would get rid if the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enable-a-device/4d66c633-d016-4e54-bdb3-73425b7eb240
  5. Batch script to disable/re-enable device in device manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch script to disable/re-enable device in device manager.: Hi all, my laptops touchscreen sometimes decides not to wake up after hibernating, and needs to be disabled and re-enabled through device manager to get it to work. Is there a batch script that I could use to do this, and just store it on the desktop for easy access?...
  6. How do you re-enable an audio output device after disabling it in Windows 10?

How do you re-enable an audio output device after disabling it in Windows 10?: Hello! I wanted to extend my laptop screen via an HDMI cable to watch a movie on my TV, while still playing the audio from my laptop. To do this, I disabled the TV's audio in "Manage sound devices" in Windows 10, which made the audio play from my laptop while the movie played...
  7. how to prevent windows from constantly re-enabling a turned off lcd?

how to prevent windows from constantly re-enabling a turned off lcd?: via hdmi to a laptop, the lcd is on standby, win + p selecting one screen works for about 10 seconds, then it refreshes and enables the 2nd again, tried multimonitor tool from nirsofer and it does the same thing. cursor still can move to this lcd while it's in standby mode,...
  8. I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable: I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update/1acc6efa-d078-4639-862a-0a9edda69ab8
  9. How to prevent Defrag from re-enabling itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Defrag from re-enabling itself: I normally keep defrag/optimization set on a schedule for my internal hard drives - one SSD, one standard. I have the other drives disabled under 'choose drives' and I've also disabled 'defrag new drives automatically'. However, a few times a year I'll see my other drives...
  10. How do I re-enable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I re-enable Cortana?: I have disabled and renamed the folder of cortana, knowing not what I was doing and now I can't use the search function. I really need this for what I do. I thought I could close Cortana without getting rid of the search function, but I guess it did. *cry Now, I don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keeps enabling a disabled device

2. disabled touchscreen keeps re-enabling

3. disabled devices from sound settings keep reenabling