Windows 10: How do I prevent Windows changing all of my personalization's each time I get an update

Discus and support How do I prevent Windows changing all of my personalization's each time I get an update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time there is a new update to Windows 2004, I have to go in and fix all of my personalization from what is on my taskbar, to all of my extensions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HindieDershowitz1, Sep 28, 2020.

1. How do I prevent Windows changing all of my personalization's each time I get an update

Every time there is a new update to Windows 2004, I have to go in and fix all of my personalization from what is on my taskbar, to all of my extensions on Chrome to my background pictures. This didn't happen before the Windows 2004 updates. This is wasting a lot of my time.

:)

HindieDershowitz1, Sep 28, 2020

2. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 28, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I prevent Windows changing all of my personalization's each time I get an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 28, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

How do I prevent Windows changing all of my personalization's each time I get an update

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I prevent Windows changing all of my personalization's each time I get an update

1. How do I prevent Windows changing all of my personalization's each time I get an update - Similar Threads - prevent changing personalization's

2. How do i change my Admin Account without losing all my personalization or changing to a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change my Admin Account without losing all my personalization or changing to a...: - Change primary account/user sign in without losing any information or switching to or creating a "separate user" on windows.- I just want to change the account to my active one not the one from over a decade ago which I am not even sure how it became the primary admin....
  3. How do i change my Admin Account without losing all my personalization or changing to a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i change my Admin Account without losing all my personalization or changing to a...: - Change primary account/user sign in without losing any information or switching to or creating a "separate user" on windows.- I just want to change the account to my active one not the one from over a decade ago which I am not even sure how it became the primary admin....
  4. How do i change my Admin Account without losing all my personalization or changing to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do i change my Admin Account without losing all my personalization or changing to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Each time I boot up I get this popup. What is it? How do I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Each time I boot up I get this popup. What is it? How do I get rid of it?: Each time I boot up I get this popup. What is it? How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/each-time-i-boot-up-i-get-this-popup-what-is-it/c60e77c9-af94-4a83-bf62-c377923ca638
  7. Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning computer - how do I get all my personal data off of it: I think I have decided to return my Dell due to the occasional quiet squeak that I hear. I am concerned about all the data I have on it already. How would I go about getting all my data off so that the next possible owner can not get to it? thanks 149375
  8. How do I change my personal login password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change my personal login password?: I know this has been ask multiply times but how do I change my login password for my computer? (I am not changing my MS password!!!!, which is the only option "My Info".) Could MS please change this back to Windows 7 style where it is so easy....
  9. Why do I have to change my password each time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to change my password each time: Each time I want to open Microsoft they tell me my password is incorrect when I have just changed it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-change-my-password-each-time/ac3a5b68-978b-43d9-8ea3-94cc8380dd0a"
  10. how do I prevent all future windows updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do I prevent all future windows updates?: I didn't get to an online discussion today that I was trying to because my computer was updating instead of starting up. What do I elect to cause windows not to do any more updates? 104762