Windows 10: how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

Discus and support how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to when this happens sometimes usually when I haven't shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HaoSun, May 31, 2019.

1. HaoSun Win User

how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to when this happens

sometimes usually when I haven't shut down my pc in a while when I close the lid it just autoshuts down

:)

HaoSun, May 31, 2019

2. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to... :)

phamthanhnhan, May 31, 2019
  3. Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, May 31, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

Windows 10 lock on lid close

Hi Radoslav,

Like the information you were able to find, closing the lid of your laptop will shut it down, put it to sleep, or let it hibernate. Locking the PC by closing the lid is currently not a function available in Windows.

We suggest you share your feedback or suggestions on this
    page
    for Microsoft to look into this option for future developments in Windows.

Hope this helps.

Ruz San, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to... - Similar Threads - prevent auto shutting

2. How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?: Hi, I've been looking at various forums and questions to try and solve this issue, but nothing is working.My laptop windows 10 has recently been shutting down completely when I close the lid and has been for the past week or so. My power settings indicate that when I close...
  3. How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?: Hi, I've been looking at various forums and questions to try and solve this issue, but nothing is working.My laptop windows 10 has recently been shutting down completely when I close the lid and has been for the past week or so. My power settings indicate that when I close...
  4. laptop shuts down when i close the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shuts down when i close the lid: my laptop is shutting downnot sleep when i close the lid which use to go hibernate about 3 days ago...facing this problem from 3 days.....checked with power options.....everything is fine there....plz help...
  5. Always shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Always shuts down when lid is closed: When I close my laptops lid windows will shutdown Instead of sleeping? (Windows pro N on dell latitude e6420) submitted by /u/Miner142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnfoq7/always_shuts_down_when_lid_is_closed/
  6. Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid: Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-instead-of-sleeping-when-i-close/af25b279-4190-4528-8f03-dd4290d6a1eb
  7. Shut Down when closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down when closing the lid: I have set my Win 10 computer's Power Options in the Control Panel to shut down when I close the lid. However I have noticed that after the screen is locked after ten minutes of no activity it does not shut down when I close the lid, it just stays in the locked screen...
  8. ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...: My work ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting" set to "Do Nothing". I am using external monitor and I want to be able to just keep the laptop lid closed. What am I doing wrong? [ATTACH]...
  9. How do I revert auto shut down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I revert auto shut down?: When I first made my PC I Googled a list of the things I should do first, and the settings I should change. One of those was a setting that made it so that when you clicked "shut down" it would close programs automatically while showing the "programs are still open" screen....
  10. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...