Windows 10: how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

Discus and support how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to when this happens sometimes usually when I haven't shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HaoSun, May 31, 2019.

1. HaoSun Win User

how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to when this happens

sometimes usually when I haven't shut down my pc in a while when I close the lid it just autoshuts down

:)

HaoSun, May 31, 2019

2. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to... :)

phamthanhnhan, May 31, 2019
  3. Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, May 31, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to...

Windows 10 lock on lid close

Hi Radoslav,

Like the information you were able to find, closing the lid of your laptop will shut it down, put it to sleep, or let it hibernate. Locking the PC by closing the lid is currently not a function available in Windows.

We suggest you share your feedback or suggestions on this
    page
    for Microsoft to look into this option for future developments in Windows.

Hope this helps.

Ruz San, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I prevent windows from auto shutting down when I close the lid/ can I be alerted to... - Similar Threads - prevent auto shutting

2. My computer is either hibernating or shutting down when i close my lid or press the power...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer is either hibernating or shutting down when i close my lid or press the power...: I want my computer to go to sleep when I close the lid or press the power button. I pressed on Control Panel > searched Power Options > then "Choose what the power button does" or "Choose what closing the lid does" and it says on both options that it will sleep when I press...
  3. How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I prevent auto sign-in when using Office products?: When I open MS products, like Office, they automatically sign in to my account, even if I am logged in on a local account. As others occasionally use my computer and the software I think this is a security issue. I do not like the idea of an auto-login. Can local accounts...
  4. WiFi disconnects when I close lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi disconnects when I close lid: Hi, I've been having this problem where I close y laptop's lid, and when I go back to open it again, the WiFi is always disconnected and I always have to wait for it to connect again. I have tried many ways to prevent this (Disabling "Allow computer to turn off this device...
  5. can i make my laptop shut down when i close

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i make my laptop shut down when i close: how do I set my laptop to shut down when I close it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-make-my-laptop-shut-down-when-i-close/df42e025-0ba6-4d23-910f-5fe3e4f99fd6
  6. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...
  7. All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?: The Low battery action is set to Hibernate, and Battery notification is On for both battery and plugged in modes. Mike
  8. My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?: This problem only started around last week, but I have also had it in the past. Whenever I shut the lid of my laptop (which I have set for the laptop to to enter sleep mode), it seems to sleep normally (i.e. the fan turns off and the power button blinks to indicate the...
  9. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.: Hello, I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid. The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to...
  10. How do I shut down SkypeHost.exe?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I shut down SkypeHost.exe?: All of a sudden, I'm getting 'requests to join' from people I've never heard of on Skype. I don't use Messenger or Skype and I don't like the fact that my PC (and maybe its contents) now seems to be accessible to anyone in the world. I tried to terminate SkypeHost.exe in...