Windows 10: How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

Discus and support How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ksio89, Sep 26, 2019.

1. ksio89 Win User

How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes back to lock screen instead of turning off. If you search the web, you'll see this driver is well known to cause this issue, and the only solution I'm aware of is uninstalling it.

The issue is that even if uninstall this driver and disable automatic driver installation, Windows being stubborn as it is, will reinstall it after the next startup. I have already used the registry file hosted here that disables Windows Update drivers installation and also the wizard from Microsoft that allows the user to show or hide Windows updates, both to no success.

I don't know else do to prevent Windows from installing the IMEI drivers, several times my laptop battery got drained because I thought it was shut down when it wasn't. Thanks in advance.

:)

ksio89, Sep 26, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 26, 2019
  4. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

1. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver? - Similar Threads - prevent installing driver

2. How do I install RST drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install RST drivers?: I wanted to update to Windows 10 version 1903 but then in the installation, there was a popup saying that the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) drivers are outdated. There was a link and I followed it, here's the link:...
  3. How do I prevent Skype from automatically loading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I prevent Skype from automatically loading in Windows 10: Hi - How do I prevent Windows 10 Pro 1803 from loading Skype at startup? It's consuming resources on several of my PCs that I'll never use for teleconferencing and I want to recover those resources. Thanks in advance....
  4. how do I prevent a window from expanding full size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I prevent a window from expanding full size?: When I grab a window to move it and then hesitate for just a fraction of a second, the system automatically expands the window to full size. What option can I toggle to prevent that from occurring? I'm running Windows v10.0.17134 Build 17134. Thanks, Jerry Pope...
  5. How do I prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates an restarting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates an restarting?: I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates and restarting. If I am out of the office for a few days and out of town, I need my work computer to stay on so I can access it via Gotomypc. When Windows 10 automatically...
  6. How do I PREVENT THE RE-INSTALLATION of Groove music?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I PREVENT THE RE-INSTALLATION of Groove music?: For some reason, even after I have removed this software, it keeps being reinstalled. How do I PREVENT or STOP it from being installed, or stop its installation?...
  7. how do I prevent Edge notifications from appearing?

in Browsers and Email
    how do I prevent Edge notifications from appearing?: When my computer turns on I see this: [img] 98088
  8. How do I prevent Windows 10 from booting from an old installed drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I prevent Windows 10 from booting from an old installed drive: I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 some time ago, and recently the original hard drive refused to boot, apparently due to boot sector errors. I have installed a new hard drive and loaded Windows 10, and installed all required software. Although I have marked all partitions on...
  9. How do you prevent windows update from installing during a reboot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do you prevent windows update from installing during a reboot?: How do you prevent windows 10 windows update from installing during a reboot? In fact, I had to stop one that was taking forever longer than 10 minutes, it keep saying updating windows don't turn off. The mysterious update wasn't in the windows update list. I will restore...
  10. How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?: Hello, In a previous thread, I described a problem I had where my USB mouse and keyboard would freeze frequently. I could not unfreeze a USB port, but mouse and keyboard would work if I changed ports. It was suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers and...