Windows 10: How do I prevent windows to reinstall my keyboard driver

Discus and support How do I prevent windows to reinstall my keyboard driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone!So, previously, before I update the windows, I have uninstall my keyboard driver and it works fine. but after the update, the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Suci Rohmanis Hati, May 6, 2021.

1. How do I prevent windows to reinstall my keyboard driver

Hi everyone!So, previously, before I update the windows, I have uninstall my keyboard driver and it works fine. but after the update, the driver installed itself. Then I try to re-uninstall, but after the reset it works again.I already do some browse but the keyboard still work again on me. I also do this thread but it still reinstall the driver, so I try to do that again but then there is no "Turn Off Windows Update Device Driver Search Prompt" anymore.Can anyone help me to figure this out? I really need to uninstall the keyboard or it keeps&n

:)

Suci Rohmanis Hati, May 6, 2021

2. Disabling Windows Update only way to prevent Realtek driver from auto-updating on Windows 10

Hi Patrick,

Since you've done a lot of troubleshooting steps just to prevent updates, we suggest you to check this article:

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 6, 2021
  3. okgyrlge Win User
    How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?

Hello,

In a previous thread, I described a problem I had where my USB mouse and keyboard would freeze frequently. I could not unfreeze a USB port, but mouse and keyboard would work if I changed ports.

It was suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers and software using the Display Driver Uninstaller, then reinstall the appropriate drivers, only the bare essentials. This instantly solved the USB problem.

But now this problem is returning, even though I blocked these two updates with Microsoft's "Show or hide updates" utility:
    NVIDIA - Display - 2/6/2017 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7684
    NVIDIA Corporation - MEDIA - 8/30/2015 12:00:00 AM - 1.3.34.3

Since the problem was fixed immediately after following the suggestion, and since it has now returned even though I blocked these two updates, I'm guessing there's somehow some other drivers that were still automatically updated. Is there a way to narrow down this problem and find out which drivers were updated since a certain time? If this is the problem, can I prevent Windows from touching the graphics drivers in the future?

Thanks!

okgyrlge, May 6, 2021
  4. How do I prevent windows to reinstall my keyboard driver

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 6, 2021
Thema:

How do I prevent windows to reinstall my keyboard driver

1. How do I prevent windows to reinstall my keyboard driver - Similar Threads - prevent reinstall keyboard

2. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  3. How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i reinstall drivers for my laptop?: My laptop has frequently been crashing and bluescreening for the past 2 years since i got it, some examples of the errors are "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and "driver power state failure", how do i reinstall the laptops drivers? Does reinstalling drivers affect anything stored on...
  4. How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?: I recently went to disable my laptop keyboard as i have an external keyboard I prefer using. While uninstalling my laptops keyboard, i accidentally uninstalled my external keyboard as well. This means i am unable to us either of my keyboards at all, i’ve already tried all the...
  5. How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?: I recently went to disable my laptop keyboard as i have an external keyboard I prefer using. While uninstalling my laptops keyboard, i accidentally uninstalled my external keyboard as well. This means i am unable to us either of my keyboards at all, i’ve already tried all the...
  6. How do I reinstall a keyboard driver without using a keyboard at all?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to prevent Realtek Driver to Automatic Reinstall.

How to prevent Realtek Driver to Automatic Reinstall.: Resume: With the generic drivers my wired JBL Headset works perfectly. With the realtek drivers the audio works, and my mic doesn't the built in mic works when I disconnect my headset.Everytime when I remove the realtek driver on device manager it automatic reinstall after...
  8. How do I reinstall my bluetooth drivers?

How do I reinstall my bluetooth drivers?: My bluetooth on and off switch disappeared and while I was trying ways to fix it I uninstalled one of the drivers which made the bluetooth section under hidden devices in the device manager get deleted. How can I fix this?...
  9. how do i reinstall drivers

how do i reinstall drivers: I uninstalled drivers a long time ago because I didn't know what they were and now I have a new printer and to update drivers I don't have? HELP For a computer dummy! * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  10. How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?: Hello, In a previous thread, I described a problem I had where my USB mouse and keyboard would freeze frequently. I could not unfreeze a USB port, but mouse and keyboard would work if I changed ports. It was suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers and...