Windows 10: How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode with a press of the key

Discus and support How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode with a press of the key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode when pushed. I saw it in a you tube video and it worked great now I want to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark505, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Mark505 Win User

How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode with a press of the key

How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode when pushed. I saw it in a you tube video and it worked great now I want to do it on another computer and am not able to find the walk through. It was fairly simple and something to do with regedit if I remember correctly. Programing one push of windows button so it switches between tablet mode 1 and another push switches it to 0. Anyone know this trick that I think should be a built in option.?

How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode with a press of the key a993fd2d-523e-4adf-b47c-4ed722f7bc4d?upload=true.png

:)

Mark505, Jan 30, 2019

2. Windows Key on Keyboard

Acer Predator Helios 500 Gaming Computer.

The windows Key on my Keyboard has stopped working. After researching the problem I learned that if Gaming Mode is turned on that might be the problem. I went to Gaming in Settings then Game Mode. It says that Gaming Mode is turned on by default. There
    is no way listed to turn it off. Any suggestions on how to get my Windows Key on the Keyboard working again?

RobertMcKny2, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Gil deG Win User
    Tenting turns keyboard off

Kindly follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows + I key from keyboard.
    • Select System and click on tablet Mode.
    • Turn off tablet mode.
    • Under when I sign in Choose Keep the mode I was previously in.
    • Restart and check if the settings are retained.
    Keep us posted.

Gil deG, Jan 30, 2019
  4. How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode with a press of the key

On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode with a press of the key

1. How do I program windows key on keyboard to turn on and off tablet mode with a press of the key - Similar Threads - program key keyboard

2. how do I turn off the showing of any keyboard keys I press comes on the bottom screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I turn off the showing of any keyboard keys I press comes on the bottom screen?: any keys I press on my keyboard it shows on my desktop screen, and its annoying! please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-showing-of-any-keyboard-keys/01bc1343-cc54-4d54-97bd-1b6d1e4c948f
  3. how do I turn off the showing of any keyboard keys I press comes on the bottom screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I turn off the showing of any keyboard keys I press comes on the bottom screen?: any keys I press on my keyboard it shows on my desktop screen, and its annoying! please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-showing-of-any-keyboard-keys/01bc1343-cc54-4d54-97bd-1b6d1e4c948f
  4. How to program key on the the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to program key on the the keyboard?: I'm asking this bc one of my windows keys don't wanna work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-program-key-on-the-the-keyboard/6544102e-e60c-44c3-96f0-67037c2a9d16
  5. How to program key on the the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to program key on the the keyboard?: I'm asking this bc one of my windows keys don't wanna work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-program-key-on-the-the-keyboard/6544102e-e60c-44c3-96f0-67037c2a9d16
  6. How do I turn off the key on a remote laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn off the key on a remote laptop?: I sold my laptop and did not properly uninstall my Windows, which is now left to the person who can use it. How do I turn off the key on that laptop so I can put it on my new laptop? I know it's not good to have two at the same time....
  7. Pressing T on the keyboard turns Airplane mode on/off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pressing T on the keyboard turns Airplane mode on/off: I'm unsure how it's happening but if I press T airplane mode goes on&off. If I press R it brings up the Brightness key & turns on the F6 button....
  8. How do I turn off backlight for keyboard without using keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn off backlight for keyboard without using keys: My function keys don’t work and neither does the backlight key due to water damage, is there a way in settings that I can turn off my keyboard backlight? submitted by /u/Thomas-and-Jerald [link] [comments]...
  9. how do I turn off click sound whenever I press a key?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I turn off click sound whenever I press a key?: how do I turn off click sound whenever I press a key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-click-sound-whenever-i-press-a/636f885c-6c84-4a41-bd54-77c88fd9c54c
  10. how do i turn the tablet attachable key board back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn the tablet attachable key board back on: how do i turn the tablet attachable key board back on? for some reason it quit working when i was using it and now the only way i can type is with on screen keyboard....