Windows 10: how do i project sound outside of my headphones because the jack is stuck in port and cant...

Discus and support how do i project sound outside of my headphones because the jack is stuck in port and cant... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I broke my headphone jack in my laptop port and its stuck is there a way of projecting the sound outside of the headphones even if the jack is still in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Esther Kabouet, Feb 19, 2020.

1. how do i project sound outside of my headphones because the jack is stuck in port and cant...

I broke my headphone jack in my laptop port and its stuck is there a way of projecting the sound outside of the headphones even if the jack is still in my laptop

:)

Esther Kabouet, Feb 19, 2020

2. Headphone cable stuck in headphone jack

the end of the headphone that you connect into the computer is stuck in the headphone jack and It thinks that I have headphones on therefore no sound Is coming from my speakers i understand that I could just go to a store and fix them but in the meanwhile
    before i do how do get the speakers to start letting me hear to stuff again

IsaacMerrill, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Tanksi Win User

how do i project sound outside of my headphones because the jack is stuck in port and cant...

No sound through headphone jack

I recently took my desktop in to fix issues I was having with cortana and the start menu. The resolved the issue, but now sound won't play through my headphones. They worked just fine before I took it in. As a workaround I've plugged my headphones into the
    rear jack.

I've gone to the control panel and tested the device and the "ding" noise came just fine. I think the front jack is supposed to be set as the default device, but it's stuck as the default communications device and it won't let me change it. I've read people
    mentioning things about reinstalling drivers, but I don't know how to do that kind of stuff. I've spent several hours already trying to fix this so I would be very open to suggestions.

Tanksi, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

how do i project sound outside of my headphones because the jack is stuck in port and cant...

1. how do i project sound outside of my headphones because the jack is stuck in port and cant... - Similar Threads - project sound outside

2. How do I customize the sound of the outgoing sound headphones?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I customize the sound of the outgoing sound headphones?: When I connect my headphones into my computer, and talk on the zoom or listen to an audio message, I can't control the sound of the outgoing audio, it just stands at full volume and my ears can't take it because of that volume. I have tried to change something in the sound...
  3. Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.

Headphone jack sound quality and delay issues.: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 9310 w/Win 11. I use a screen reader. The sound is good when I do not use headphones, but when I plug in headphones the sound quality is terrible. The sound becomes airy like when you speak in a tunnel and there is a delay that usually causes the...
  4. Windows not detecting any headphones and microphone in jack port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting any headphones and microphone in jack port: So a few days ago for some reason my headphones stopped working and I have no idea what to do about it. The methods I've tried:- Running the troubleshoot tool - In this tool you have to select your headphones and for me they're not even getting detected- Uninstalling the...
  5. Windows not detecting any headphones and microphone in jack port

Windows not detecting any headphones and microphone in jack port: So a few days ago for some reason my headphones stopped working and I have no idea what to do about it. The methods I've tried:- Running the troubleshoot tool - In this tool you have to select your headphones and for me they're not even getting detected- Uninstalling the...
  6. My Headphone jack will not pick up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headphone jack will not pick up sound: I have a Dell XPS tower 8940, The headphones + built-in Microphone works perfectly on another PC The front audio jack is a headset jackAll drivers are up to dateOn WavesMaxx Pro the headset function is selectedIn Sound settings input is selected as Jack Mic RealtekR AudioThe...
  7. Problem connecting my headphones using the Jack Port

Problem connecting my headphones using the Jack Port: So, my computer usually show me this manager for the devices I'm connecting in order to transfer the audio before using them, but since yesterday, my laptop is not showing me this option anymore This causes my computer to now connect my headphones and I can't find a...
  8. How do I change what my input is in the headphone jack?

How do I change what my input is in the headphone jack?: Whenever I plug something into the headphone jack, a menu came up, asking me what I plugged in, and I always selected headphones, so I just made it stay as headphones, by clicking "do not show this again." But now I have a headset, and I want that menu to appear every time...
  9. Headphone cable stuck in headphone jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone cable stuck in headphone jack: the end of the headphone that you connect into the computer is stuck in the headphone jack and It thinks that I have headphones on therefore no sound Is coming from my speakers i understand that I could just go to a store and fix them but in the meanwhile before i do how do...
  10. How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

How do I disable the front headphone Jack?: Hi I broke off my 3.5mm cord for speakers in front headphone jack. Ive tried everybody everybody has said everywhere (im pretty good with computers but just had half my teeth out, i physically can take pain killers and i cant think) but cant figure out how to shut off the...