Windows 10: How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion?

Discus and support How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a huge 7tb folder, I can't spread this into several other folders and preferably not even move the contents at all, and I wanna know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Axoloth, Apr 13, 2021.

1. How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion?

So I have a huge 7tb folder, I can't spread this into several other folders and preferably not even move the contents at all, and I wanna know how to make this folder, not undeleteable per say, but make it so if I have the folder highlighted and my cat steps on the DEL button, literal weeks of work won't be gone.

Bear in mind I still need to work in this folder, so the whole "deny all permissions" thing is a no-go.

submitted by /u/Axoloth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Axoloth, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Damocles Win User

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 13, 2021
  4. DRDNA Win User

How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion?

Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

While Im not sure of how important they are, I think System restore would put them back and I see they are pretty darn big too 6.5mb and 2.5 GB on my just freshly imaged laptop .

DRDNA, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion?

1. How do I protect a folder from accidental deletion? - Similar Threads - protect folder accidental

2. How do I remove write protection from a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove write protection from a folder?: Hello,I have the following problem:On my phone's SD card android, using a 128GB SanDisk card, I have a data error phones can't read the card anymore, also different cameras and other "dumb" devices refuse to read the card. I have been trying to format the card several times...
  3. How do I remove write protection from a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove write protection from a folder?: Hello,I have the following problem:On my phone's SD card android, using a 128GB SanDisk card, I have a data error phones can't read the card anymore, also different cameras and other "dumb" devices refuse to read the card. I have been trying to format the card several times...
  4. How do I remove write protection from a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted?: Help! How do I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-retrieve-a-folder-that-was-accidentally/bf872db4-3ac9-407a-876e-1d4700a8c7fa
  6. How can I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted?: Help! How do I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-retrieve-a-folder-that-was-accidentally/bf872db4-3ac9-407a-876e-1d4700a8c7fa
  7. How to protect Files or Folders from being deleted accidentally in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to protect Files or Folders from being deleted accidentally in Windows 10: We all have been in a situation where you deleted a file, but you did not want to. There was no prompt no restriction that could stop you from doing it. If not you, someone using your account just did for fun. So how do you protect a folder from accidental deletion? There are...
  8. Folder Security from accidental deletion

Folder Security from accidental deletion: I have a Folder on C Drive under which I have all other folders and files, lets call this folder "Parent Folder". I am worried that someday, myself or someone else may accidentally delete this Parent Folder and I will end up loosing all files. Is there way by which I can...
  9. How do I password protect a folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I password protect a folder: How do I password protect a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-password-protect-a-folder/a6e1a357-c248-44c4-adf0-d1fc02f569b2"
  10. how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?: I made a folder in c:\program files (x86) called windows nt and want to delete it. I made it so that I could play the pinball game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-folder-i-made-protected-by/b9851810-0597-422f-8f47-f0673261971b"