Windows 10: How do I prove my CMOS is defective?

Discus and support How do I prove my CMOS is defective? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having multiple problems with my boot process and believe I have eliminated everything else except my CMOS. My CMOS battery is fine - but my Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I prove my CMOS is defective?

I am having multiple problems with my boot process and believe I have eliminated everything else except my CMOS. My CMOS battery is fine - but my Boot Sequence is not being followed. The most glaring clue I have is this: I have only my CD/DVD checked off in my boot sequence. No USB Storage of my Primary (OS) drive. So, when I now boot, I'm asked to press any key to proceed with a CD or DVD to boot. I have my original Windows 10 Installation Disk in my drive - but booting to that would NOT allow me to boot into my Windows 10 installation. In any case, I don't press any key so my system continues to boot into my Windows 10 installation. How can this be? It shouldn't happen - so I believe my CMOS chip is somehow defective.= and I can't think of anything else that could cause this to happen. If anyone else does, please let me know before I can't boot into my Windows installation at all. Also, restoring images from Macrium Reflect don't work either. I'm using a Dell M6800 laptop workstation with two internal SATA SSD drives. I even replaced my OS drive with a brand new one. No luck. I have posted different versions of this post but no one seems to grasp what my problem is. Please help me!!!

Perhaps @Brink can point me in the right direction........

:)

Nisko, Oct 12, 2020

2. clear CMOS

As @Law- II said .....

please fill your system specs.
    If you have a desktop motherboard i would suggest to see if you CMOS battery is not dead.

scoutingwraith, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Rick2021 Win User
    Does CMOS battery make an important role?

This means the CMOS battery has failed - you need to purchase a new CMOS battery. As suggested by another expert you should upgrade your BIOS and then do the CMOS battery replacement and this should stop it.

Rick2021, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Rick2021 Win User

Does CMOS battery make an important role?

Another expert kindly suggested that the beep code may be due to removal of your CMOS battery and you may need to update your BIOS and replace your CMOS battery.

Rick2021, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I prove my CMOS is defective? - Similar Threads - prove CMOS defective

2. How do I prove that I own my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prove that I own my account?: I made a mistake in the email when creating a microsoft account and now cannot change it without waiting for 30 days for things to be reset. Is there another way to prove that I own my account?...
  3. How do I prove that I own my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prove that I own my account?: I made a mistake in the email when creating a microsoft account and now cannot change it without waiting for 30 days for things to be reset. Is there another way to prove that I own my account?...
  4. How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?: My new iPad Mini 6 up to date won't sync to iTunes through the provided USB-C but it will charge...usually.The cable charges fine through an outlet and provided charge "block", so I wanted to check my USB-C for faults.Is there a way to have Windows 11 22H2 run a hardware test...
  5. How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?

How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?: My new iPad Mini 6 up to date won't sync to iTunes through the provided USB-C but it will charge...usually.The cable charges fine through an outlet and provided charge "block", so I wanted to check my USB-C for faults.Is there a way to have Windows 11 22H2 run a hardware test...
  6. Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?: I have a tablet, a laptop with Win 10 and an android phone. I regularly get told trying to do things on my phone that my account it shows my phone number is being used by another or something. I tell it I still own the phone and it gets me to get a code from my email and then...
  7. Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?

Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?: I have a tablet, a laptop with Win 10 and an android phone. I regularly get told trying to do things on my phone that my account it shows my phone number is being used by another or something. I tell it I still own the phone and it gets me to get a code from my email and then...
  8. Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How do I prove my Laptop came with Genuine OEM Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I prove my Laptop came with Genuine OEM Windows 10 License: Hi Experts We are a small organization, we mostly purchase Laptops which are pre installed with Windows 10 [OEM]. Recently there was an auditor from PWC [for MS SAM Audit] to whom we provided all the Invoices/Receipts/Bills of laptop purchases. While some invoices say...
  10. How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" /

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix "The CMOS checksum is invalid" /: upon start-up I get the above message . also wants me to check BIOS setup I am using an hp Pavillion notebook that has been updated to windows 10...