Windows 10: How do I prove my Laptop came with Genuine OEM Windows 10 License

Discus and support How do I prove my Laptop came with Genuine OEM Windows 10 License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Experts We are a small organization, we mostly purchase Laptops which are pre installed with Windows 10 [OEM]. Recently there was an auditor from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SurajPrabhu1, Oct 11, 2019.

1. How do I prove my Laptop came with Genuine OEM Windows 10 License

Hi Experts

We are a small organization, we mostly purchase Laptops which are pre installed with Windows 10 [OEM]. Recently there was an auditor from PWC [for MS SAM Audit] to whom we provided all the Invoices/Receipts/Bills of laptop purchases. While some invoices say windows 10 OEM installed most of them do not explicitly mention that Window 10 OEM or Pre-installed on the invoice or receipt. Note these are reputed laptops like Lenovo and Dell purchased from Lenovo.com, Dell.com or major retailers like Bestbuy [US] and Reliance Digital [India]. When buying from these large retailers you dont get to tell them what they add in the invoice, but as far as they mention the product, model and serial number correctly I guess we should be good [or that is what I believed].

Each of the device I have checked with tools like produkey, slmgr /dli or slmgr /dlv based on [https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4346763/validating-the-oem-activation-key-in-windows-10-build-1703-and-later-b ] to validate and ensure the windows OEM is genuine and valid and they all are, every laptop is. And every laptop confirms that with the message "This machine is permanently activated" along with the activation date and product key. They are also regularly auto updated with windows 10 upgrades.

The Auditor however says, that we have to prove that we own the OEM license that came pre-installed with the laptops? The only way he verifies is by checking the Invoice/Receipt where Windows 10 pre-installed is mentioned or with the windows sticker. [I checked in Lenovo website and they confirm that the sticker is no more added as the OEM product key is added in Bios]. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103102#Point5

I am currently out of all options on how to prove that these laptops actually came pre-installed with windows and the Windows 10 is genuine. Any help based on your experience or knowledge will be very helpful to me.

Suraj

:)

SurajPrabhu1, Oct 11, 2019
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Oct 11, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

How do I prove my Laptop came with Genuine OEM Windows 10 License

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I prove my Laptop came with Genuine OEM Windows 10 License

1. How do I prove my Laptop came with Genuine OEM Windows 10 License - Similar Threads - prove Laptop came

2. I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...: I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop and I'm wondering how I can reinstall the genuine Windows 10 since I don't have the authentication key....
  3. How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?: Hi Expert ,I had buy my laptop a store they told me - this laptop has original windows license, But how i will understand they say true. Could you give me any to clear understand my laptop have original or fake activation....
  4. How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?: Hi Expert ,I had buy my laptop a store they told me - this laptop has original windows license, But how i will understand they say true. Could you give me any to clear understand my laptop have original or fake activation....
  5. How do I know my laptop has an windows OEM license?

6. how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine

how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine: how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-know-that-oem-licenses-we-purchase/bfc9e065-9ce9-4a5a-aeff-d17f793c6d39
  7. how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine: how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-know-that-oem-licenses-we-purchase/bfc9e065-9ce9-4a5a-aeff-d17f793c6d39
  8. how do we know that Oem Licenses we purchase belongs to india and genuine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How to check Windows 10 OEM License are Genuine.

How to check Windows 10 OEM License are Genuine.: Windows 10 OEM License different from Vendors and the Company and how to check is it Genuine.We are facing issue, we buying laptops from Vendors and they are telling its OEM Licenses, but they buying the laptop from Dell to HP without OS and they install their own Licenses,...
  10. How do I prove my CMOS is defective?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prove my CMOS is defective?: I am having multiple problems with my boot process and believe I have eliminated everything else except my CMOS. My CMOS battery is fine - but my Boot Sequence is not being followed. The most glaring clue I have is this: I have only my CD/DVD checked off in my boot sequence....