Windows 10: How do I publish my game in Unity onto the Windows Store?

Discus and support How do I publish my game in Unity onto the Windows Store? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Like what are the steps I gotta take in order to do this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IntenseJames, Feb 28, 2019.

1. How do I publish my game in Unity onto the Windows Store?

Like what are the steps I gotta take in order to do this.

:)

IntenseJames, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 28, 2019
  3. 786shahz Win User
    unity based games

windows phone 7.8 will be able to run unity based games or not ???

786shahz, Feb 28, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

How do I publish my game in Unity onto the Windows Store?

Unity 4.0 Game Engine Launched

Unity Technologies, provider of the Unity multi-platform engine and development tools, is proud to announce Unity 4.0 is now available for download. Unity 4, announced in June, will consist of a series of updates designed to improve the product through an extensive improvement of existing tech and the rollout of new features. The first in a series of updates for Unity 4, this version includes significant additions such as DirectX 11 support and Mecanim animation tools. In addition users will have access to a Linux deployment preview and the Adobe Flash Player deployment add-on.

"Unity 4 will see the addition of an incredible number of new, highly advanced, features and continuous improvement across the tech to be released in smaller, faster increments than Unity has seen in the past," said David Helgason, CEO, Unity Technologies. "It's an exciting time for Unity and the 4.0 release marks the beginning of a great new era for our technology."

Mecanim – Stunning Character Animation
    Mecanim, Unity's powerful and innovative animation technology, is setting new industry standards for tools in integrated development environments allowing the creation of complex state machines, blend trees, IK rigging, and auto retarget animations to characters of different sizes and shapes, all inside of the Unity editor. Developers will find a sizeableselection of retargetable animations available in the Unity Asset Store here.

DirectX 11
    With the ability to take advantage of full DirectX 11 support, including shader model 5, tessellation for smoother models and environments in game worlds, and compute shaders for advanced GPU computation, Unity 4.0 empowers developers. DirectX 11 support development was aided by development of the Butterfly Effect demo.

High-end Visual Capabilities for All Platforms
    Unity 4.0 also features real-time shadows on mobile, skinned mesh instancing, the ability to use normal maps when bakinglightmaps, and a refined GPU profiler. It's easy to make extremely high-end visuals that scale across the best of what's available on modern PCs and the most advanced mobile graphics chips.

Adobe Flash Player Add-on
    The Adobe Flash Player deployment add-on will empower developers to publish their new and existing titles to one of the world's most ubiquitous gaming platforms on the web. With the wealth of incredible features in the 4.0 release, Unity is the most powerful development pipeline for creating high quality 2D and 3D content for Adobe Flash Player.

Linux Publishing Preview
    Unity 4.0 will also include a preview of a new deployment option to publish games to Desktop Linux, clearing a path for the Unity community to bring exciting new content to the PC market's most voracious indie gamers. Desktop Linux standalone publishing will be available for allUnity 4 users at no additional cost.

Unity 4 introduces many additional features and improvements, including:
    • Shuriken particle system supports external forces, bent normals, automatic culling, and environmental collisions
    • 3D texture support
    • Navigation: dynamic obstacles and avoidance priority
    • Major optimizations in GUI performance and memory usage
    • Dynamic fonts on all platforms with HTML-like markup
    • Remote Unity Web Player debugging
    • New Project Window workflows
    • Iterative lightmap baking
    • Refined component-based workflows
    • Extensible inspectors for custom classes
    • Improved Cubemap import pipeline
    • Geometry data improvements for huge memory and performance savings
    • Meshes can be constructed from non-triangle geometry – render points & lines efficiently
    Unity 4 and the Adobe Flash Player add-on for Unity are now available for purchase at the Unity store.

btarunr, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I publish my game in Unity onto the Windows Store?

1. How do I publish my game in Unity onto the Windows Store? - Similar Threads - publish game Unity

2. How to publish my game on Microsoft Start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to publish my game on Microsoft Start?: I am a game developer, and I would like to publish my game on Microsoft Start. How can I do that? Is it open to developers?https://www.msn.com/en-us/play...
  3. How to publish my game on Microsoft Start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to publish my game on Microsoft Start?: I am a game developer, and I would like to publish my game on Microsoft Start. How can I do that? Is it open to developers?https://www.msn.com/en-us/play...
  4. How do I download App Store onto my desktop Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download App Store onto my desktop Computer?: Every time I look for the app store on my new computer, I can't seem to find it.not to mention customer service for a multi-billion-dollar company like this is a joke that I cannot get a hold of someone, not to mention the error page on your official page for customer...
  5. how do i check my software publisher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i check my software publisher: i want my folder in a file but it wont do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-check-my-software-publisher/1bd3aef9-5f66-40d0-8a0d-ce6fe06c4ec7
  6. how do i check my software publisher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i check my software publisher: i want my folder in a file but it wont do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-check-my-software-publisher/1bd3aef9-5f66-40d0-8a0d-ce6fe06c4ec7
  7. BSOD in Unity Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  8. Unity games and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unity games and Windows 10: So I have Game pass for PC and I am having problems with my computer running ANY game that was created by the unity engine. Every time I try to start a game that uses that engine I get this. Then it just closes and the game stops trying to run....
  9. how do i unblock a publisher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i unblock a publisher: how do i unblock a publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unblock-a-publisher/261ace0f-38ff-4375-b4c0-aacb22442895
  10. Do I need a special computer to publish a game onto the Windows Store?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need a special computer to publish a game onto the Windows Store?: Do I need a specific computer to publish a game app onto the Windows Store using Unity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-special-computer-to-publish-a-game/5ca4d024-a1df-4689-b9ab-0121f25f2958

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to put a unity game onto microsoft store