Windows 10: How do I put a drive letter to Microsoft's cryptic /harddrive#/DR# ?

Discus and support How do I put a drive letter to Microsoft's cryptic /harddrive#/DR# ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Right, so, with out a tonne of testing (one of the drives is 4gb and it takes *forever* to test ) how do i interpret /Device/Harddrive3/DR3 into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by llloyd4, Mar 13, 2018.

1. llloyd4 Win User

How do I put a drive letter to Microsoft's cryptic /harddrive#/DR# ?

Right, so, with out a tonne of testing (one of the drives is 4gb and it takes *forever* to test ) how do i interpret /Device/Harddrive3/DR3 into a drive letter so I can test the drive in question that is throwing this error?

" An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR3 during a paging operation. "

:)

llloyd4, Mar 13, 2018

2. Win 10 anniversary update disappeared my internal secondary hard drive

I have the same Problem.

Harddrive C: with OS fine. Also drive E: was finde. Only D: drive is missing.

Can see it in the disk manager but only half size and grey with stripes. no name no drive letter.

and it is not possible to change name or the drive letter because all is greyed out. only on D: Harddrive.

After a Rollback to the previus build the harddrive was back again and all files still there. i found lots of forums where user post this problem with the missing D drive. must be bug.

TorbenKuhn, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 problem displaying mounted disk sizes

Apart from not being able to see you're drives capacity in explorer which is annoying to put it mildly.

Since 1709 there is an even graver issue.

When you have an internal harddrive that you mount to a folder instead of a drive letter the system becomes unstable even causing bsod at startup. Weird recovery messages after rebooting saying you're previous session ended with a crash when

all you did was shutdown the night before .

And yes i have checked and updated all the drivers/bios /system files ...

All fine.

Problem only went away by assigning a letter to the drive(You can also keep in mounted at the same time). But windows 10 1709 goes nuts when it finds a drive with no letter attached to it.

WallyGator_854, Mar 13, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

The mention of "4GB" suggests one of 2 things, it is a USB Thumb drive or it is more likely a 4TB HDD. If it is the latter it will seem to take "forever" to test [I have a 4TB and a 2TB USB HDD connected].

Berton, Mar 13, 2018
  5. llloyd4 Win User
    Eek! I meant 4tb HDD. Long day at work and I come home to find my system frozen solid. On reboot I find that error in the Event Log. Trying to decrypt it so I know which drive to test that won't involve testing 2 2TB HDDs, a 4TB internal drive, a 640Gb boot drive, and a USB 3.0 4TB external drive.

llloyd4, Mar 13, 2018
  6. spunk Win User
    Press the Win key+X choose Disk Management. In the Lower Pane, Disk #3 is the problematic drive that needs testing. This will tell you what Drive letter it is

spunk, Mar 13, 2018
  7. llloyd4 Win User
    C is Disk 0, D is Disk 1, E is Disk 2, F is MIA and the USB drive G is Disk 4, that kinda tells me the data disk F is toast. >.< Cool! Thanks all, now to hopefully jiggle the thing back to life long enough to copy off what's on it when I get a new drive ordered and delivered.

llloyd4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I put a drive letter to Microsoft's cryptic /harddrive#/DR# ? - Similar Threads - put drive letter

2. WMIC & DiskPart Drive Letter Missing How do I get a Drive Letter and Find Activity for this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMIC & DiskPart Drive Letter Missing How do I get a Drive Letter and Find Activity for this...: I ran this command and I would like to know all I can about the Volume with no DriveLetter. This will not show up in DiskPart as you can see.I could not get the command I copied and pasted below to be singled spaced. Thank you,vickyl71PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> GWMI -namespace...
  3. WMIC & DiskPart Drive Letter Missing How do I get a Drive Letter and Find Activity for this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMIC & DiskPart Drive Letter Missing How do I get a Drive Letter and Find Activity for this...: I ran this command and I would like to know all I can about the Volume with no DriveLetter. This will not show up in DiskPart as you can see.I could not get the command I copied and pasted below to be singled spaced. Thank you,vickyl71PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> GWMI -namespace...
  4. WMIC & DiskPart Drive Letter Missing How do I get a Drive Letter and Find Activity for this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?: I need to reassign the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive to avoid conflict with preassigned external drives that are used by various programs , backup procedures etc.It doesn't seem to show up in device manager, storage volumes etc...
  6. How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?: I need to reassign the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive to avoid conflict with preassigned external drives that are used by various programs , backup procedures etc.It doesn't seem to show up in device manager, storage volumes etc...
  7. How do i put my d drive to the standerd drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i put my d drive to the standerd drive?: If i try joining my game it dousnt work cause my c map is full, so how do i change my D drive to be the standerd and switch all my stuff on C to D? -Jits i would love a respond =D...
  8. How do I remove a permanently-assigned drive letter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove a permanently-assigned drive letter?: I assigned a permanent drive letter K: to a USB drive that I use for backups (the drive letter is hard-coded in the backup script). I bought a new larger-capacity USB drive to replace it. So I need to un-assign K: to the old drive and re-assign to the new drive. I want to be...
  9. How do I remove a permanently-assigned drive letter?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove a permanently-assigned drive letter?: I assigned a permanent drive letter K: to a USB drive that I use for backups (the drive letter is hard-coded in the backup script). I bought a new larger-capacity USB drive to replace it. So I need to un-assign K: to the old drive and re-assign to the new drive. I want to be...
  10. How to put drive letters before drive label?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to put drive letters before drive label?: I have Windows 10 Home. I want my drive letters to appear before the name of the drive. I tried: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer ShowDriveLettersFirst DWORD 4 = Show all drive letters before drive label I rebooted. But it didn't...