Windows 10: How do I put a password on a folder?

Discus and support How do I put a password on a folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I put a password on a folder in Microsoft 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarlaRaby, Mar 17, 2020.

1. KarlaRaby Win User

How do I put a password on a folder?

How do I put a password on a folder in Microsoft 10?

:)

KarlaRaby, Mar 17, 2020

2. Private folders encrypted and password protected folders

Im posting this because i've been looking for a free tool like this sense XP thought people should know about it *Toast :toast:

Windows 7 when combined with Pismo get’s an incredible feature of creating password protected folders ( *.pfo ) which they call as Private Folders. It is just like any other folder to which you can add any folder and do any operation but not password protections just comes out of the box in Windows 7.

Updated :

To create a private folder, you need to make a right click, select new and then private folders

How do I put a password on a folder? [​IMG]

How to create private folder in windows 7

How do I put a password on a folder? [​IMG]

To re-lock right click unmount

Windows 7
    private folders

Here are the features which will interest you :

* Password protection.
    * Mount visibility to owner or entire users group.
    * In case you make it available to entire user group, you get option to make it available as network drive
    * Type of access to users , Read or Read and Write

Private folders are just incredible way to share private data with set of people you want. This is what makes private folders rock. Its just not securing your data but also sharing data privately with others. You can download Pismo Private Folder from here

Live OR Die, Mar 17, 2020
  3. password a folder Windows 10

Hello,

To create a folder with passwords using 7-Zip follow these steps:
    • Download 7-Zip from
      here
      and install it.
    • Select the folder you want and right-click > 7-Zip > add to archive
    • At this point fill in the fields dedicated to the encryption by entering the password you want to set and click OK.

I hope it's useful.

Regards,
    Alby

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Mar 17, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I put a password on a folder? - Similar Threads - put password folder

2. How do I lock a folder with password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I lock a folder with password?: I have Windows 10 Home. I am not able to lock some of my important folders? What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-lock-a-folder-with-password/ad2f1077-512c-4dec-99d1-e9f8ab55a995
  3. Putting up a password protected folder

Putting up a password protected folder: I can't put up a password protected folder, I did change the network and sharing settings as it told but it still doesn't help!My computer is connected to a Microsoft account, but that also doesn't help!...
  4. How do I put a single picture in a folder so I can put it in an obituary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I put a single picture in a folder so I can put it in an obituary: How do I put a single picture in a folder so I can add it to a tribute wall in an obituary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-a-single-picture-in-a-folder-so-i-can/f451399a-ed27-41dc-99a4-4e3e82aee191
  5. How do i automatically put files in folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i automatically put files in folders?: I have about 2600 word documents (.doc and .docx) that need to be sorted into folders on their respective names. The thing is that I want the files to automatically move into folders based on their file contents. For example, if 10 files out of 2600 contain the word "orange"...
  6. how do i turn off having to put in a password to sing in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn off having to put in a password to sing in?: i have windows 10 Home and the OS build is 19041.388.............................someone plezz HELP........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-having-to-put-in-a-password-to/39691866-2f5a-40c4-977e-91d88b4a0f48
  7. How do I password protect a folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I password protect a folder: How do I password protect a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-password-protect-a-folder/a6e1a357-c248-44c4-adf0-d1fc02f569b2"
  8. how do i turn off having to put in a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i turn off having to put in a password: so my computer opens up. i just want to turn on my laptop an do what i need to do. i live alone and no one uses my laptop but me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-having-to-put-in-a-password/ce9b4885-1376-45ad-b771-37453a015781
  9. how do I put recent import photos into a folder

how do I put recent import photos into a folder: How do I put latest import photos into a file and give it a file name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-recent-import-photos-into-a-folder/e8d9bdbb-9b9b-4c1b-b567-08d8417c336a"
  10. I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?: I put my "THIS PC" folder and my "OneDrive" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo? 103327