Windows 10: how do I put recent import photos into a folder

Discus and support how do I put recent import photos into a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I put latest import photos into a file and give it a file name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidHamp1, Jun 7, 2019.

1. how do I put recent import photos into a folder

How do I put latest import photos into a file and give it a file name

:)

DavidHamp1, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 photos won't import

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you were able to import photos the first time you tried it, we suggest that you download and run the
    Windows app troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. This troubleshooter will scan your PC and attempt to automatically fix issues with the Windows store apps.

If the Photo app still isn't working, try to reset it by following these steps:

• In the Search box, type Settings.
    • From the results, click on Settings to run the app.
    • Tap System and select Apps & features.
    • Click on the Photos app and hit Advanced options.
    • Press Reset.

You may also want to check if you have permissions to the folder to which you are importing the photos. Here are the steps to give permissions to the folder:

• Right-click on the Pictures folder, in the File Explorer, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Security tab, click on HomeUsers
      under Group or Username.
    • Choose Full Control under Permissions for System
    • Repeat steps 2 & 3 for Administrators under Group
      or Username.
    Restart your PC and try importing the photos again.

Additionally, you may want to read Andre Da Costa's Forum article using the link below for more info:

Complete Guide to Importing Your Photos in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

how do I put recent import photos into a folder

importing photos

Hi Gary,

If we followed your description correctly, you are successful in importing the photos but experience a hard time locating the files once the transfer has been completed. Depending on how you import photos into your computer, we can make adjustments for you
    to easily manage the files. Kindly answer the following so we can guide you properly:

• How do you import photos from the SD card?
    • If Windows asks you to manually choose where to store the photos on your computer, do the files appear in the folder when you access it after disconnecting the SD card?

In case the files are automatically imported when you connect the SD card to the computer, you can reset the setting to always get the option to choose where the files are stored. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type AutoPlay (capitalization does not matter).
    • Press Enter.
    • Check what action Windows currently does for Memory card. Change it if necessary.
    • We recommend choosing Open folder to view files (File Explorer). This option will launch File Explorer displaying the contents of the SD card. You can manually choose which files to copy or move to a local folder in File Explorer.

Let us know if the steps allow you to manage your photos easier.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

how do I put recent import photos into a folder

1. how do I put recent import photos into a folder - Similar Threads - put recent import

2. How do you put photos in your folders in Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you put photos in your folders in Xbox: thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-put-photos-in-your-folders-in-xbox/0fa858ca-b6c7-4a2f-8829-05de66570813
  3. How do you put photos in your folders in Xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you put photos in your folders in Xbox: thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-put-photos-in-your-folders-in-xbox/0fa858ca-b6c7-4a2f-8829-05de66570813
  4. how do i load photos imported to a folder on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i load photos imported to a folder on windows 11: Question as above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-load-photos-imported-to-a-folder-on/f0cf3320-1787-4081-9ad9-f7852d380523
  5. how do i load photos imported to a folder on windows 11

how do i load photos imported to a folder on windows 11: Question as above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-load-photos-imported-to-a-folder-on/f0cf3320-1787-4081-9ad9-f7852d380523
  6. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get Recent folders!!!!: I've been searching through the forums and despite MANY posts regarding this throughout the years, I found no solution.How do I get a Recent folders option from INSIDE application's menus like save or when uploading files through a browser etc?I'm a UX and UI professional...
  7. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Recent folders!!!!: I've been searching through the forums and despite MANY posts regarding this throughout the years, I found no solution.How do I get a Recent folders option from INSIDE application's menus like save or when uploading files through a browser etc?I'm a UX and UI professional...
  8. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

9. How do I view most recent photo folders first?

How do I view most recent photo folders first?: How do I view most recent photo folders first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-view-most-recent-photo-folders-first/28462fc2-693f-416b-8428-7409f2bd6878
  10. How do I put a password on a folder?

How do I put a password on a folder?: How do I put a password on a folder in Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-a-password-on-a-folder/1a677087-8aed-42a9-a57e-6197d4c0a122