Windows 10: How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

Discus and support How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an intrusive file that isn't a virus, but is very intrusive, says I have viruses to force me to buy a "Premium" membership for it. Every time I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MySixthSense, Mar 18, 2020.

1. How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

I have an intrusive file that isn't a virus, but is very intrusive, says I have viruses to force me to buy a "Premium" membership for it. Every time I delete it, it downloads itself back on to the computer. Could anyone help me on this?

:)

MySixthSense, Mar 18, 2020

2. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Where are the files that windows defender quarantines?

Where are the files that Windows Defender quarantines? I turned on the computer and Defender said a file was dangerous. I clicked the option to Allow the file but it was quarantined anyway. In Defender I can see that it was quarantined and I clicked Restore
    but the file was not restored. So I clicked Allow but it still was not restored and now there is no option for restoring the file. In other words Restore and Allow options do not function which is why I am asking this question. Hide hidden files is disabled
    and I am searching with administrator privileges: There is only one folder in C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. And that folder is named en-US and there is nothing in there like a quarantined file. Sorry for posting this other information but this question
    has been asked repeatedly elsewhere but doesn't get answered because too many people for some reason suggest things like use the Restore option etc. I am not asking for that. I need this file badly. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me where
    Windows Defender stores files that it quarantines? Thank you.

Fred whoever, Mar 18, 2020
  4. How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

How can I get my files restored from Windows Defender quarantine?

Hello my name is Yohandi.

It is a pleasure to have your participation in the Microsoft Community

To restore the items that are in the Windows quarantine, defend the steps shown below.

1- Open Windows Defender> Virus and threat protection

2- Go to Threat History tab.

3- In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.

4- Place to check on the file that you want to restore, this should enable Allow item.

5- Press Allow item, this should bring the file back to the original location.

To check where the files are located, kindly follow the steps listed below:

Open Windows Defender.

Go to History tab.

In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.

Click on view details.

In the description, it will show you the path where it is located.

I wish you an excellent day! How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses? ;)

I hope it works for you

YohandiCrespo, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses?

1. How do I quarantine files that Windows Defender misses? - Similar Threads - quarantine files Defender

2. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  3. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  4. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

Microsoft Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  6. Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  7. How recover file form Defender quarantine

How recover file form Defender quarantine: I use windows 20H2 and plugged in a usk drive with portable apps and windows defender deleted one of the files (a key reader & backup) to quarantine. I've used this stick many times and the file is clean, although I can understands as a key reader why Windows would block it...
  8. [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?: [repost] Windows Defender on my laptop quarantined steam_api.dll as a false alarm. I thought it's actually a tojan so I clicked on the 'Remove' button. However, I just found out that the file was perfect and I wanna restore it now. It is visible in 'Full History' tab but...
  9. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  10. How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender: Like the first photo, sometimes Windows Defender shows which file it detected and quarantined. In this case, it's fine. [img] But, sometimes, it doesn't show what files it detected and quarantined, and shows only perhaps "quarantined" files, and I don't know what...