Windows 10: How do I re-activate the Windows Product key on another laptop?

Discus and support How do I re-activate the Windows Product key on another laptop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The laptop that I installed my Windows 10 product key is dead, and cannot be recover. How do I re-activate the Windows Product key on another laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ellen Chou, Apr 13, 2020.

1. How do I re-activate the Windows Product key on another laptop?

The laptop that I installed my Windows 10 product key is dead, and cannot be recover.

How do I re-activate the Windows Product key on another laptop?

Thanks,
    Ellen

:)

Ellen Chou, Apr 13, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Apr 13, 2020
  4. L Burgo Win User

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi and thanks DaveM121 for the prompt reply.

I followed the instructions supplied by the DELL email but in the end Windows would not automatically activate. I just found an answer by following this below google result instructions:

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

I copied the key and entered it into the option to change product key (not that one was entered as it said it was inactive in red text). FWIW, I never got a product key in any form suggested by the problem solving suggestions
    wormhole link I found in Settings. Apologies if this is a basic newbie issue. It has been doing my head in for the last couple of hours.

Anyway, greatly appreciate your time. Thanks again DaveM121.

L Burgo, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I re-activate the Windows Product key on another laptop? - Similar Threads - activate Product key

2. How to I have product key to activate my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I have product key to activate my laptop?: How to I have product key or License to activate my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-have-product-key-to-activate-my-laptop/f2a756dd-fd8d-4dcf-8fc5-9cfd0559f17b
  3. How to I have product key to activate my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I have product key to activate my laptop?: How to I have product key or License to activate my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-have-product-key-to-activate-my-laptop/f2a756dd-fd8d-4dcf-8fc5-9cfd0559f17b
  4. How long do I have to Activate a Windows product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long do I have to Activate a Windows product Key: I am going to build a computer around late December. I want to buy a product key but I fear if I buy it now the product key will expire by the time my pc is finished. Do these product keys have an expiration time limit or until it's used? Should I wait till my PC is finished...
  5. How do I find my windows 10 product key? Windows with another product key is installed on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find my windows 10 product key? Windows with another product key is installed on...: The entire hardware is same in my pc except the HDD I have bought my laptop in 2017 from nearby store Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-10-product-key-windows/2d05fe40-1123-4453-b15f-1b40cfd4dd2b
  6. How Do I Activate My Windows Without A Product Key?

How Do I Activate My Windows Without A Product Key?: Good afternoon family. I am new here and I need some help. I got a PC from a friend and had windows 10 installed on my PC at some PC repair shop. I wish to activate it but it is asking for me to either purchase another windows 10 or use the product key; both of which am...
  7. how cancle already activated ms office & how to activate same product key to another laptop

how cancle already activated ms office & how to activate same product key to another laptop: how cancel already activated Ms office & how to activate same product key to another laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-cancle-already-activated-ms-office-how-to/e7d5e117-804a-4fde-bcec-02cea0379aa1"
  8. how to re active my windows activation product key??

how to re active my windows activation product key??: in my laptop, when i started my computer newly getting an interruption message i.e., your windows activation key is expiring soon please activate your windows activation key. How can i over come through this!!???? can you suggest me sir...
  9. Re-Activating Win 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Activating Win 10 Product Key: Hello... Yes my Question is... Recently I had to change my Main/Mother Board... after hooking up & reconnecting everything... loading new board drivers etc... windows then said my Product key was no good along with i would need to reactivate it... So I went to settings......
  10. Windows de-actived, and won't re-activate. I own a product key.

Windows de-actived, and won't re-activate. I own a product key.: Hello. I restarted my computer, and noticed a message in the bottom right corner that Windows isn't activated. When I went to settings, I got the following message: "we can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you...