Windows 10: How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during...

Discus and support How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I tried to play a video via Windows Media Player. It said I needed to pay for and download a codec. I clicked the link and Windows Store app opened... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Sarah W79, May 17, 2023.

1. Sarah W79 Win User

How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during...

I tried to play a video via Windows Media Player. It said I needed to pay for and download a codec. I clicked the link and Windows Store app opened automatically. While downloading the codec, Microsoft Store app crashed faded/white panel. After 10 minutes, I closed the Microsoft Store app. I then reopened WMP and tried to play the video. It said I needed to pay for and download a codec. The codec was not installed. I reopened Microsoft Store and the purchase is listed under my previous transactions. How do I re-download this codec, or re-initiate the install?

:)

Sarah W79, May 17, 2023

2. 58 Error dialogs from app when HEVC Video Extension Window Store codec is installed.

Hi Kraig,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted codec files. To help us identify the cause of this error, we would like to know the following information:

• Which app are you using to open and play your media files?
    • Have you installed any codec packs on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and install the
    official Codec packs from Microsoft
    . These packs can correct problems experienced with previously-downloaded codecs.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, May 17, 2023
  3. PeterPirz Win User
    Purchased TV episode from the Microsoft store but it wont play

In answer to your question

I went through the purchase process in the micrsoft store and when the purchase completed i clicked the little play icon that was available in the episode list and got the error described above as to what i used to play it, i guess it would be whatever windows
    uses to play episodes purchased in the microsoft store, tried it several times on different days same error every time, i couldent tell you what the file extension is because it doesn't download, when i click the download icon in the episode list it asks me
    if I'd like HD or SD i choose either one and nothing downloads, no error nothing, tried the troubleshooter and it tells me nothing is wrong. The behavior i would expect is obvious, you purchase a tv episode/movie you click the icon to watch and it starts to
    strea, there should be no codec issues or file format issues when purchaseing from the microsoft store and useing the default setup to watch

PeterPirz, May 17, 2023
  4. How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during...

re-download software purchase from Microsoft Store

I purchased Windows 10 from the online Microsoft Store in 2015. I need to re-download the purchase as I can't find the software anywhere. How would I go about finding a 2 year old purchase?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

DuaneBolden, May 17, 2023
Thema:

How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during...

1. How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during... - Similar Threads - download codec already

2. How do I purchase a movie from the Microsoft Store that I already rented?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I purchase a movie from the Microsoft Store that I already rented?: I rented a movie from the Microsoft Store, because it said I could watch it on the Movies Anywhere app on my smart TV. But then I found out afterward after 2 hours of trying to get it to work that you can't watch rentals on the Movies Anywhere app, only purchased movies. So...
  3. How do I purchase a movie from the Microsoft Store that I already rented?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I purchase a movie from the Microsoft Store that I already rented?: I rented a movie from the Microsoft Store, because it said I could watch it on the Movies Anywhere app on my smart TV. But then I found out afterward after 2 hours of trying to get it to work that you can't watch rentals on the Movies Anywhere app, only purchased movies. So...
  4. How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during...: I tried to play a video via Windows Media Player. It said I needed to pay for and download a codec. I clicked the link and Windows Store app opened automatically. While downloading the codec, Microsoft Store app crashed faded/white panel. After 10 minutes, I closed the...
  5. How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during...

How do I re-download a codec I already purchased? Microsoft Store crashed during...: I tried to play a video via Windows Media Player. It said I needed to pay for and download a codec. I clicked the link and Windows Store app opened automatically. While downloading the codec, Microsoft Store app crashed faded/white panel. After 10 minutes, I closed the...
  6. i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website

i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website: Hi, My name is Tom Pham form Australia, I have been trying to purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store but the problem is after verification it is asking me to add profile address but for USA only.I just can not change from United State to Australia. Can you please help....
  7. i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website: Hi, My name is Tom Pham form Australia, I have been trying to purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store but the problem is after verification it is asking me to add profile address but for USA only.I just can not change from United State to Australia. Can you please help....
  8. i can not purchase HEVC video codec on Microsoft store website

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do I re-install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I re-install Microsoft Store: On July 22, 2021, my computer's Microsoft Windows 10 Home operating system was upgraded with package B5004237. All updates have been applied. The Microsoft store and all built-in Microsoft apps are broken. In Windows Home, they are all un-highlighted and have and "!". I have...
  10. I cannot re-download a purchase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot re-download a purchase: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 and I was really enjoying it until I had to reset my Surface Pro 4 because it wasn't working properly. But to my surprise I went to play it again and it wasn't installed on my computer. I checked the store and it was in my purchase history...