Windows 10: How do I re-enable Cortana?

Discus and support How do I re-enable Cortana? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have disabled and renamed the folder of cortana, knowing not what I was doing and now I can't use the search function. I really need this for what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Computer Chicken, Jan 10, 2017.

1. How do I re-enable Cortana?

I have disabled and renamed the folder of cortana, knowing not what I was doing and now I can't use the search function. I really need this for what I do. I thought I could close Cortana without getting rid of the search function, but I guess it did. *cry

Now, I don't know if I can ask to be able to download it from someone else, so I won't ask. I just REALLY need to know how to get this back! I have tried going back to a System Restore, but said it was corrupt or something so I was really disappointed and just angry. *cry

Looking to get this folder back: "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5m1h2txyewy"

I need some help please getting the folder back or downloading it from somewhere. *Smile

Edit: Or is there a way I can search without Cortana? Or would I have to download Start10 or something like that? I just want something like the new start menu, but still be able to search.

:)

Computer Chicken, Jan 10, 2017
  2. edsa0601 Win User

How do I re-enable Cortana

Yes, I have done the download (twice) and at last

- under Country & Language I see UK

- under Languages, I see English (UK): will display language after next sign-in

- under Speech, I see English (UK)

So that's it I guess.

I've checked with Srinvasa's instructions

But I still have to get Cortana.

Perhaps at the next sign-in

PS: the Chat agent went over the top, I suppose, for suggesting re-installing?

Your advice was more logical & sufficient.

Anyway, I'll wait till the fussy Cortana is enabled (for the first time).

Meanwhile, thanks, Mr Caw, for getting me to this point.

edsa0601, Jan 10, 2017
  3. VivDenham Win User
    How do I re-enable Cortana

How strange! Like you, my 2 English versions, UK and US, are both greyed out on the enormous list, but that is because they are already on the list under the heading Languages, just below where it says + Add a Language.

On my version (which definitely is Windows Home BTW), the English UK says underneath it "Windows Display Language", whereas the English US states "Language Pack available".

At the top of the Region page, have you definitely got the country set to United Kingdom? Also, what about your time zone - have you definitely got it set to Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London?

Another option... how about giving the instructions that the Chat chappie sent you, onto here, and then perhaps we can help talk you through it? Just an idea...

Hope you get some joy.

Best wishes, Viv.

VivDenham, Jan 10, 2017
  4. How do I re-enable Cortana?

Computer Chicken, Jan 10, 2017
Thema:

How do I re-enable Cortana?

1. How do I re-enable Cortana? - Similar Threads - enable Cortana

2. I can't enable Cortana

in Cortana
    I can't enable Cortana: Hi,I have tried the following to get Cortana to work 1uninstalled and reinstalled Cortana2 ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth3 ran sfc /scannowStill, I get “Cortana is disabled, To use Cortana, you need to get permission your administrator“ error.There is no...
  3. How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

in Cortana
    How to enable Cortana in my lock screen: I've been search in internet on how to enable Cortana in my lock screen but my Cortana settings look different so I can't enable it on my lock screen. My Cortana settings look like this: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this?...
  4. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  5. How To Enable the Windows 10 Cortana Search Box

in Cortana
    How To Enable the Windows 10 Cortana Search Box: Hello. My problem is that. I changed my computer to English. I set the region to the United States. I can open the Cortana application by pressing the Cortana icon, but cortana and search settings do not appear in the settings screen. My goal is to use Cortana in the search...
  6. HOW TO ENABLE CORTANA IN PC FROM NEPAL!????

in Cortana
    HOW TO ENABLE CORTANA IN PC FROM NEPAL!????: Can we change the location ? The efault location is UK but I am IN Nepal. And when I try to enable cortana, It says cortana isn't available in ur region! Any tricks or process to enable cortana from Nepal??? Reply...
  7. No option to enable Cortana button

in Cortana
    No option to enable Cortana button: Hi, I right clicked the taskbar. Look: [ATTACH] No option to enable Cortana button. Can someone please help? How can I fix this? Will 20H1 fix the issue?...
  8. How to enable Cortana on Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How to enable Cortana on Windows 10?: How do i enable Cortana on Windows 10 Pro 1909? Note that i am in Romania. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-cortana-on-windows-10/8b7f5ea3-c484-4076-8791-3ed7013d81cd
  9. How to enable sound in Cortana Beta version?

in Cortana
    How to enable sound in Cortana Beta version?: When I upgraded my windows from 1909 to 2004 version, I saw Cortana beta version at the place of Cortana. That was great but a problem I am having with this, I am unable to hear Cortana's voice. Can anyone help me? How can I enable Cortana sound?...
  10. I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT

in Cortana
    I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT: I have linked the turn meross on/off applets with IFTTT and they work fine when tested with the button widget, and the Cortana service is enabled on IFTTT. But I've tried with no luck to get the IFTTT skill enabled on Cortana and I've tried asking different things like turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5m1h2txyewy

2. how to re enable cortana

3. re enable cortana

4. re enable cortana windows phone,
  5. renamed folder cortana disabled how to renable