Windows 10: How do I re-install Windows Media Player for Windows 10 if I inadvertently uninstalled it?

Discus and support How do I re-install Windows Media Player for Windows 10 if I inadvertently uninstalled it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some file had been corrupted within WMP so I decided to un-install it to then re-install it. But then I found out there is no way to "re-install" it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kjon99fm1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. kjon99fm1 Win User

How do I re-install Windows Media Player for Windows 10 if I inadvertently uninstalled it?

Some file had been corrupted within WMP so I decided to un-install it to then re-install it. But then I found out there is no way to "re-install" it separately. Tried following the standard procedures Microsoft outlines:

1. Click the Start button, type features, and then select Turn Windows features on or off.
    2. Expand Media Features and see whether the Windows Media Player check box is selected. If it is, clear the check box.
    3. Click OK and then restart your PC. This will remove your current version of Windows Media Player.
    4. After your PC has restarted, repeat step 1.
    5. Expand Media Features and select the Windows Media Player check box.
    6. Click OK and then restart your PC. This will reinstall the latest version of Windows Media Player for your system Windows Media Player 12, with a few exceptions.

But in my case...Media Features does not expand to show that WMP is even there at all. All I can do is check or un-check the Media Features box and nothing more. I have not tried unchecking the box entirely and then re-starting - then check it again and the re-start to see if WMP will "magically" return. Is this what I need to do - or - is there something else I am missing to get WMP back? Any help is appreciated!

:)

kjon99fm1, Aug 1, 2020

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Aug 1, 2020
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Aug 1, 2020
  4. How do I re-install Windows Media Player for Windows 10 if I inadvertently uninstalled it?

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

How do I re-install Windows Media Player for Windows 10 if I inadvertently uninstalled it?

1. How do I re-install Windows Media Player for Windows 10 if I inadvertently uninstalled it? - Similar Threads - install Media Player

2. How do I Re-Install Windows Media Player,when it won't let me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Re-Install Windows Media Player,when it won't let me?: I had to reboot my Desktop All in One HP a day ago and I am missing my Windows Media Player? Its the one I want to use when I download Music to my MP3 Player and since I went to Windows 11, it seems like I couldn't use it any more. The one that was Installed was Microsoft...
  3. How do I Re-Install Windows Media Player,when it won't let me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Re-Install Windows Media Player,when it won't let me?: I had to reboot my Desktop All in One HP a day ago and I am missing my Windows Media Player? Its the one I want to use when I download Music to my MP3 Player and since I went to Windows 11, it seems like I couldn't use it any more. The one that was Installed was Microsoft...
  4. windows media player 12 uninstalled by mistake-how do I download it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows media player 12 uninstalled by mistake-how do I download it?: I accidentally un-installed my media player 12 and it is no longer in "features".How can I download it to my computer?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12-uninstalled-by-mistake-how/72a8a3e3-b302-4bd0-bc07-6c1a068497a4
  5. windows media player re-install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows media player re-install: had to uninstall my media player. trying to reinstall. Windows 10. Followed the link on the Microsoft page: HOWEVER, the old option of "install media player" is now gone from the application menu choice on my end, also, so i can't install from Microsoft. and i don't want to...
  6. need to re-install window media player (10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to re-install window media player (10): need to re-install window media player (10),tks for your help Emile *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Merci https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-re-install-window-media-player-10/c6e17ddd-09f9-4104-9c6a-31666b64ae58
  7. Re-installing a game that I inadvertently un-installed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Re-installing a game that I inadvertently un-installed: I had the game, Hidden City, installed on my laptop (Windows 10) and I, inadvertently, un-installed it. I go to the Microsoft Store to re-install it and press the install button. Then I select my laptop from the devices and click install. A message says Trying to install,...
  8. Where and how do I install Windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where and how do I install Windows 10 media player: I run Windows 10 and would like to install Windows 10 Media player so that I can watch video files with a .wvm file please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-and-how-do-i-install-windows-10-media-player/eff8793f-0090-4517-9fbe-310b804490aa
  9. How do I force Win10 update to re-install Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I force Win10 update to re-install Windows Media Player 12: Hi, I'm not sure whether this issue should be listed under the Programs and Apps category. Perhaps you could put me right here. I'm finding my WMP is not able to play my Audible .aa and .aax audiobooks, and will not import them. This has been a problem for the past 3-4...
  10. Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10: How to: Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 How to Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Media Player 12 (WMP) is included in Windows 10 by default. Windows Media Player allows you to play audio and video...