Windows 10: How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?

Discus and support How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife uses Firefox 70.0.1 (64 bits) on Windows 10. She insists on never closing the browser, because she doesn't use bookmarks. She's already had 90... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bourgeoisbonobo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?

My wife uses Firefox 70.0.1 (64 bits) on Windows 10. She insists on never closing the browser, because she doesn't use bookmarks. She's already had 90 tabs open at the same time *Eek.

Last time I accidentally closed her browser, and I re-launched and re-closed it multiple times *Sad. She was... distraught *Banghead.

So I guess my question is : how do I find, select and re-open again past sessions of Firefox ?

:)

Bourgeoisbonobo, Nov 4, 2019

2. How do I open up a new session in IE10?

Hi David,

Here are the steps on how to open a new session in Internet Explorer:

• Search Internet Explorer.
    • Click Alt.
    • Go to File.
    • Then click New session.

Note: This option is only available in Internet Explorer 11.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 4, 2019
  3. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ? :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 4, 2019
  4. How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?

Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?

1. How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ? - Similar Threads - open past sessions

2. How do I get past bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get past bitlocker: I already logged into my email and says I don’t have a recovery key but my computer is clearly locked and will not let me restart or anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-past-bitlocker/7902b275-6e13-4a8c-8bd2-b325f4c2dfb9
  3. how do i copy and paste

how do i copy and paste: how do i copy and paste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-and-paste/89550b4e-2be9-4466-a738-7a32404527d4
  4. how do i copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i copy and paste: how do i copy and paste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-and-paste/89550b4e-2be9-4466-a738-7a32404527d4
  5. Firefox Will Not Open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Will Not Open: I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-will-not-open/2509c43c-d674-4629-a4a2-f5c304d7d551"
  6. How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?

How do I re-open past sessions of Firefox ?: My wife uses Firefox 70.0.1 (64 bits) on Windows 10. She insists on never closing the browser, because she doesn't use bookmarks. She's already had 90 tabs open at the same time *Eek. Last time I accidentally closed her browser, and I re-launched and re-closed it multiple...
  7. How do I prevent Firefox from opening multiple processes in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I prevent Firefox from opening multiple processes in Windows 10?: About half the time when I use Firefox, it opens multiple processes. These don’t show up on Task Manager; I find out only when trying to open Firefox again, having thought it was shut down. Following posts on the Microsoft boards, I’ve set browser.tabs.remote.autostart to...
  8. how do I disable sessions prelaunch setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I disable sessions prelaunch setting: how to stop prelaunch of sessions on Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-sessions-prelaunch-setting/632b8016-6da3-4710-91a9-edb86dda2926
  9. How to Re-paginate (concatinate pages) in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    How to Re-paginate (concatinate pages) in Firefox: I was asked by a fellow member how to use a re-pagination extension in Firefox. I'm posting here to make it public for all. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The extension is called...
  10. How do I enable cookies in Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I enable cookies in Firefox.: My Firefox cookies somehow got disabled and I'm now trying to enable them. I asked this question someplace (possibly on this forum) and was told to go to menu bar then "Preferences". The problem is, there is no "Preferences" option on the drop down menu. I tried "Options"...