Windows 10: How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are...

Discus and support How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My wife and I have two computers, a desk top and a lap top, and they are both set up so that we have our own sides of the computer. They both run... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaveinWinston1, Apr 28, 2023.

1. How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are...

My wife and I have two computers, a desk top and a lap top, and they are both set up so that we have our own sides of the computer. They both run Windows 10. My wife’s problems started when all of a sudden her Outlook Express started asking for her password and no matter how many times she put the correct password in, it was not accepted. We thought maybe it was because Outlook Express is an old server and we then set her up with another email server. This worked well on our lap top so we thought we’d set it up on the desk top. Lo and behold when my wife put her PIN

:)

DaveinWinston1, Apr 28, 2023
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Apr 28, 2023
  4. How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are...

Incorrect password for Yahoo Mail on Lumia 520

Let's continue working on this. We suggest that you remove the email account on the phone and add it back again by following these steps:

To remove your email account:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap email + accounts.
    3. Press and hold the email that you want to remove.
    4. Select delete.
    5. Confirm by selecting delete again.

To add your email account:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap email + accounts.
    3. Tap add an account.
    4. Tap the type of email your going to add.
    5. Type the email address and password.
    Make sure you're connected to the internet when performing these steps.

Note: Removing the account will delete all the information associated with it.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Apr 28, 2023
Thema:

How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are...

1. How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are... - Similar Threads - set Password wife's

2. how do I get my emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get my emails: how do I get my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-emails/87eb932d-c226-4214-9e72-f654286697fc
  3. how do I get my emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get my emails: how do I get my emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-emails/87eb932d-c226-4214-9e72-f654286697fc
  4. How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are...: My wife and I have two computers, a desk top and a lap top, and they are both set up so that we have our own sides of the computer. They both run Windows 10. My wife’s problems started when all of a sudden her Outlook Express started asking for her password and no matter how...
  5. How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-set a Password for my wife's computer when I can't get into the email they are...: My wife and I have two computers, a desk top and a lap top, and they are both set up so that we have our own sides of the computer. They both run Windows 10. My wife’s problems started when all of a sudden her Outlook Express started asking for her password and no matter how...
  6. How do I get my computer to require a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get my computer to require a password?: I'm probably going to sound really tilted because I just spent an hour trying to do the most basic possible security precaution but still don't have an answer so forgive me. No matter where I look I cannot figure out how to make my computer not go straight to desktop when I...
  7. How Do I Re-Set My Computer's Password? That's the machine, not my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Re-Set My Computer's Password? That's the machine, not my Microsoft Account.: How do I change the password for my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-re-set-my-computers-password-thats-the/85809b5e-7c4e-4a8e-852e-c9f67d719eb0
  8. I already have email addresses, but how do I now set up an email account for my wife?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I already have email addresses, but how do I now set up an email account for my wife?: I already have email addresses, but how do I now set up an email account for my wife? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-already-have-email-addresses-but-how-do-i-now/2edf407f-e3b8-44a4-bb61-bf627ad694a4
  9. how do I set up an email account for my wife?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I set up an email account for my wife?: how do I set up an email account for my wife? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-an-email-account-for-my-wife/2edf407f-e3b8-44a4-bb61-bf627ad694a4
  10. how do i change my email password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i change my email password: How do I change my email password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-email-password/5f0f79fe-cb77-4dde-8bbf-79005231a85a"