Windows 10: How do I reactivate Windows 10 Pro after I changed my Laptops SSD drive?

Discus and support How do I reactivate Windows 10 Pro after I changed my Laptops SSD drive? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my SSD drive to a higher storage one but then when I boot up, Windows 10 Pro says it is not activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnTungul, Dec 14, 2020.

1. How do I reactivate Windows 10 Pro after I changed my Laptops SSD drive?

I upgraded my SSD drive to a higher storage one but then when I boot up, Windows 10 Pro says it is not activated

:)

JohnTungul, Dec 14, 2020

2. Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Dec 14, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

Activate using windows 7 pro key.

cereberus, Dec 14, 2020
  4. How do I reactivate Windows 10 Pro after I changed my Laptops SSD drive?

activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.

Hi

I'd a laptop with windows 10 pro installed on my ssd drive. Recently I sold this laptop but without my ssd.

I've bought a new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home in s mode. What I did: I replaced factory ssd (with windows 10 in s mode) with my ssd where installed windows 10 pro.

Laptop boot fine but windows is not activated and now my windows 10 pro runs in S mode.

I can do nothing with my new laptop. Activation isn't working!

Activation detects that my hardware is changed, I ran troubleshooter, trying to activate windows on new hardware but get no luck.

"We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later."

I don't want to reinstall windows!

Any suggestions?

DenisZaikin, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

How do I reactivate Windows 10 Pro after I changed my Laptops SSD drive?

1. How do I reactivate Windows 10 Pro after I changed my Laptops SSD drive? - Similar Threads - reactivate Pro changed

2. How do I reactivate windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reactivate windows after a hardware change: Its been a year since my Windows deactivated since I changed my motherboard. Im trying to reactivate it but whenever I press troubleshoot nothing pops up telling me the issue. How do i fix this?...
  3. How do I reactivate windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reactivate windows after a hardware change: Its been a year since my Windows deactivated since I changed my motherboard. Im trying to reactivate it but whenever I press troubleshoot nothing pops up telling me the issue. How do i fix this?...
  4. How do I reactivate windows after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I reactivate my Windows 10 Pro Copy?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I reactivate my Windows 10 Pro Copy?: I bought a refurbished HP Z420 workstation a year ago, almost to the day of posting, but at some point stuff wasn’t working right, and a friend recommended reseting the PC. The trick seemed to work, but at the cost of an ugly watermark in the bottom of the screen claiming...
  6. How do I reactivate my Windows 10 Pro Copy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reactivate my Windows 10 Pro Copy?: I bought a refurbished HP Z420 workstation a year ago, almost to the day of posting, but at some point stuff wasn’t working right, and a friend recommended reseting the PC. The trick seemed to work, but at the cost of an ugly watermark in the bottom of the screen claiming...
  7. How do I reactivate my Windows 10 Pro Copy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I reactivate my Windows 10 Pro after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reactivate my Windows 10 Pro after reinstall: I had to reinstall windows 10 Pro due to hard drive crash.Windows installed OK but can't activate. Getting 0x803fa067 code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reactivate-my-windows-10-pro-after/1bd64584-f6c2-4d94-ac32-7d580d00f5db
  9. HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE: I recently took out my hard drive from my Lenovo laptop and transferred it to my gate way because of the bigger screen and now I am unable to activate my digital Windows 10 product key on this device. The product key was pre installed on my Lenovo when I purchased it. Does...
  10. How to reactivate windows 10 PRO after motherboard change?

How to reactivate windows 10 PRO after motherboard change?: Yesterday i changed my entire system (CPU+MOBO+RAM). Now my windows is not activating . I thought this process should have been done automatically via internet when i login to my connected microsoft account .How to reactivate windows 10 after a hardware change specially...