Windows 10: HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

Discus and support HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently took out my hard drive from my Lenovo laptop and transferred it to my gate way because of the bigger screen and now I am unable to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dawn M-904, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

I recently took out my hard drive from my Lenovo laptop and transferred it to my gate way because of the bigger screen and now I am unable to activate my digital Windows 10 product key on this device. The product key was pre installed on my Lenovo when I purchased it. Does any one knows how to reactivate windows on the new laptop?

:)

Dawn M-904, Sep 16, 2019
  2. DanTheMan Win User

Hard drive transfer question

Depending on the hard drive you have Acronics should work fine. All that is required is that you reactivate windows when you boot up with the new hard drive. Might want to fill out your computer spec so we can help you better.

And Welcome to TPU

DanTheMan, Sep 16, 2019
  3. little cat, Sep 16, 2019
  4. HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

1. HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE - Similar Threads - REACTIVATE TRANSFERRING HARD

2. how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?: I have tried altering partitions but I cannot increase the capicity on the c drive. I have 900gb of storage on the d drive but only 100gb on the c drive which is full....
  3. how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?: I have tried altering partitions but I cannot increase the capicity on the c drive. I have 900gb of storage on the d drive but only 100gb on the c drive which is full....
  4. how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  6. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  7. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

8. Reactivating Windows after cloning hard drive

Reactivating Windows after cloning hard drive: Hi there,I've recently cloned my 500gig hard drive onto a 4T hard drive. All of my files, folders, and programs are functioning properly, but my Windows 10 Home is no longer activated. I've attempted to re-enter my product key, but it will not accept it. Any help would be...
  9. Reactivation after Hard drive installation

Reactivation after Hard drive installation: I bought a computer off someone, and it came activated with windows 10, but after i put in another hard drive, windows deactivated. The troubleshooter doesn't work, because it needs me to sign into the microsoft account that was linked with the license, but i don't have...
  10. How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive

How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive: How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-dvds-cds-to-a-hard-drive/83c9ae73-c8da-4772-90da-1bd6a77cd89c