Windows 10: HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

Discus and support HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently took out my hard drive from my Lenovo laptop and transferred it to my gate way because of the bigger screen and now I am unable to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dawn M-904, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

I recently took out my hard drive from my Lenovo laptop and transferred it to my gate way because of the bigger screen and now I am unable to activate my digital Windows 10 product key on this device. The product key was pre installed on my Lenovo when I purchased it. Does any one knows how to reactivate windows on the new laptop?

:)

Dawn M-904, Sep 16, 2019
  2. DanTheMan Win User

Hard drive transfer question

Depending on the hard drive you have Acronics should work fine. All that is required is that you reactivate windows when you boot up with the new hard drive. Might want to fill out your computer spec so we can help you better.

And Welcome to TPU

DanTheMan, Sep 16, 2019
  3. little cat, Sep 16, 2019
  4. HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE

1. HOW DO I REACTIVATE WINDOWS AFTER TRANSFERRING HARD DRIVE - Similar Threads - REACTIVATE TRANSFERRING HARD

2. How to transfer Windows 10 to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Windows 10 to an external hard drive: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When upgrading or changing primary HDD/SSD in Windows, it’s painful if you need to install Windows 10 again. Not only does it take time, but it is also tedious to install Windows updates, drivers, apps, and configure everything again. Since [...] This post...
  3. How do I reinstall Windows 10 after changing hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reinstall Windows 10 after changing hard drives?: So a few months ago, my computer's hard drive broke, therefore I could not use my computer. Now i am getting a new hard drive, but how do I install Windows 10 on it? I am hearing mixed things about it. My computer is a prebuilt HP desktop and I dont know any keys or codes...
  4. How do I reformat the Hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I reformat the Hard drive?: I want reformat the hard drive on an old Laptop I can't seem to be able to get anywhere the boot will not recognize the CD drive nor a external floppy. I am trying to permanently remove Win 10....
  5. How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive: How do I transfer photos in Windows 10 to my external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-photos-in-windows-10-to-my/babcf323-99c6-4d31-8f7a-46bd3e1e8cb4"
  6. How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive?

How do I install Windows after a dead hard drive?: Hello. I have an Asus ROG 750JW Laptop. My Hard drive died on my and is unrecoverable sadly. Well I do not have any recover media. How do I get Windows again? I will be purchasing 2 new Laptop Hard drives (2tb each). Thanks....
  7. How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?

How do I transfer my copy of windows onto a new hard drive?: My current hard drive is running at 100% even when the computer is idle. This has led me to buy a new hard drive. How can I transfer the copy of windows my computer has onto the new hard drive?...
  8. How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive: How do I transfer dvd's & cd's to a hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-dvds-cds-to-a-hard-drive/83c9ae73-c8da-4772-90da-1bd6a77cd89c
  9. How do I reactivate Windows?

How do I reactivate Windows?: Okay so, I recently upgraded my computer. Literally everything except my hard drive is new. It is telling me that I need to reactive windows and whenever I go through the trouble shooting process to reactive my windows, it says that they can't reactivate it and to try again...
  10. transfer hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer hard drive: My old computer was a windows 8 that was upgraded to windows 10. I just ordered a new i5 6600 which comes with windows 10, a 250G SSD and 1 TB hard drive.. My old hard drive appears to be a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA which seems to be the same as the one in my new Vanquish....