Windows 10: How do I reactivate windows if it has deactivated itself after a Windows update?

Discus and support How do I reactivate windows if it has deactivated itself after a Windows update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC had an issue with not being able to install the latest cumulative update from January. It looks like yesterday Microsoft may have fixed this and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aramac82, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Aramac82 Win User

How do I reactivate windows if it has deactivated itself after a Windows update?

My PC had an issue with not being able to install the latest cumulative update from January. It looks like yesterday Microsoft may have fixed this and my computer updated by installing the full 23H2 update followed by the cumulative updates the preview and the full release. However it has now deactivated windows giving an error code of 0xC004F213. The troubleshoot just tells me to go to the store and purchase a genuine copy of windows. Can I use the option to change product codes in order to reenter my product code or will that only work for a new product code?

:)

Aramac82, Feb 8, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 8, 2024
  3. Golden Win User
    Want to replace my Windows 7

Hi All,

I suspect that my Windows 7 installed on my PC may not be genuine - I have taken steps to purchase a genuine version on Windows 7, and need some help to "convert" over.

I guess I need to somehow deactivate the current version of 7, and then reactivate with my genuine key. Does that sound correct, or is a different approach required? If so, can anyone offer me the best advice to do this?

Thanks.

Golden, Feb 8, 2024
  4. AsRock Win User

How do I reactivate windows if it has deactivated itself after a Windows update?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 8, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I reactivate windows if it has deactivated itself after a Windows update? - Similar Threads - reactivate has deactivated

2. How do I reactivate windows if it has deactivated itself after a Windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reactivate windows if it has deactivated itself after a Windows update?: My PC had an issue with not being able to install the latest cumulative update from January. It looks like yesterday Microsoft may have fixed this and my computer updated by installing the full 23H2 update followed by the cumulative updates the preview and the full release....
  3. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated itself and cant reactivate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 suddenly deactivated itself and cant reactivate: I've been using my copy of windows 10 for about 7 months now and just today when I've woke up I've had the ugly "Activate Windows" watermark appear on the bottom right of my screen, I also obviously cannot use personalization options or anything like that. I went to the...
  4. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated itself and cant reactivate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 suddenly deactivated itself and cant reactivate: I've been using my copy of windows 10 for about 7 months now and just today when I've woke up I've had the ugly "Activate Windows" watermark appear on the bottom right of my screen, I also obviously cannot use personalization options or anything like that. I went to the...
  5. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated itself and cant reactivate

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows deactivate itself and won't allow me to reactivate it. 0x803FABBA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows deactivate itself and won't allow me to reactivate it. 0x803FABBA: In the middle of the day yesterday while using my PC, I randomly got a notification asking me to activate Windows. I rebuilt my PC months ago, and followed the steps to reactivate my PC afterwards. I had no issues until now. The activation troubleshooter won't allow me to...
  7. Windows 10 Deactivated Itself and will reactivate on restart but deactivates after an hour...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Deactivated Itself and will reactivate on restart but deactivates after an hour...: I purchased this Corsair prebuild computer in 2012. It came with Win 7 then was upgraded to Win8 and finally Win10 Home on the free upgrade . It's been my daily PC and I never had this activation issue on it before. Today it began showing me this watermark about how Windows...
  8. Windows 10 Deactivated Itself and Will Not Reactivate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Deactivated Itself and Will Not Reactivate: I have this computer since 2011. It has had Windows 7 then was upgraded to Windows 8 and finally Windows 10 through the years. It's been my daily driver and I never had this activation issue on it before. Today it began showing me this watermark about how Windows is not...
  9. Windows reactivated after deactivation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reactivated after deactivation: So I installed windows 10 pro and was interested in seeing how it look activated so when one one person posted a key on facebook (Multi licence I guess) so I tried it and windows activated then after few hours I removed the key using a command I found online and it went back...
  10. windows 10 deactivated how to reactivate

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 deactivated how to reactivate: My grandson somehow deactivated windows 10. I have a refurbished Dell that came with windows 7. I had updated to windows 10 when it came out. I have a product code for windows 7. what option do I use to reactivate windows?...