Windows 10: How do I read an 85 FPS webcam on windows without buffering occuring?

Discus and support How do I read an 85 FPS webcam on windows without buffering occuring? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having trouble reading an ~85 FPS USB webcam Windows, on average over tens of seconds I am measuring 85 Hz but its being read in bursts.I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by UVCQuery, Dec 7, 2023.

1. UVCQuery Win User

How do I read an 85 FPS webcam on windows without buffering occuring?

I am having trouble reading an ~85 FPS USB webcam Windows, on average over tens of seconds I am measuring 85 Hz but its being read in bursts.I have a python script like below to capture imagesimport cv2 as cvimport sysfrom datetime import datetimeprevious_time = datetime.nown = intsys.argv[1]cam = cv.VideoCapturenwhile 1: ret,frame = cam.read now = datetime.now td = now-previous_time.microseconds previous_time = now print"Frame delta, {} ms".formattd/1000When looking at the printed output, the time delta between frames is either 30 ms

:)

UVCQuery, Dec 7, 2023

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 7, 2023
  4. How do I read an 85 FPS webcam on windows without buffering occuring?

Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

How do I read an 85 FPS webcam on windows without buffering occuring?

1. How do I read an 85 FPS webcam on windows without buffering occuring? - Similar Threads - read FPS webcam

2. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A disk read error occurred: I facing this problem what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-disk-read-error-occurred/62d09316-a241-4f1c-bb49-672ca8df9690
  3. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A disk read error occurred: I facing this problem what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-disk-read-error-occurred/62d09316-a241-4f1c-bb49-672ca8df9690
  4. How do I read an 85 FPS webcam on windows without buffering occuring?

How do I read an 85 FPS webcam on windows without buffering occuring?: I am having trouble reading an ~85 FPS USB webcam Windows, on average over tens of seconds I am measuring 85 Hz but its being read in bursts.I have a python script like below to capture imagesimport cv2 as cvimport sysfrom datetime import datetimeprevious_time = datetime.nown...
  5. How do I get more FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get more FPS: Hello,I have a big problem with my FPS. They dropped from an average 120 to 5 three days ago. I have reinstalled Windows and much more but nothing happens. I have enough space left on my computer 140gb and I installed all updates needed for Windows and my Nvidia grafikcard....
  6. How do I get more FPS

How do I get more FPS: Hello,I have a big problem with my FPS. They dropped from an average 120 to 5 three days ago. I have reinstalled Windows and much more but nothing happens. I have enough space left on my computer 140gb and I installed all updates needed for Windows and my Nvidia grafikcard....
  7. I don't read Chinese. How do I change the system language without being able to read...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't read Chinese. How do I change the system language without being able to read...: My computer installs updates and changes various settings to Chinese each time. This time the update changed everything to Chinese. Every set of instructions I can find begins: Go to Settings and select the options.The problem is that I do not read Chinese and the only...
  8. I don't read Chinese. How do I change the system language without being able to read...

I don't read Chinese. How do I change the system language without being able to read...: My computer installs updates and changes various settings to Chinese each time. This time the update changed everything to Chinese. Every set of instructions I can find begins: Go to Settings and select the options.The problem is that I do not read Chinese and the only...
  9. How do you trim videos without lowering the FPS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you trim videos without lowering the FPS: I record videos with OBS and then trim the videos but they always go down to 30 FPS when I trim them. Is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx [link] [comments]...
  10. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A disk read error occurred: Hello, recently my computer ran into problems, I waited for it to restart and then this pops up. I try to press ctrl+alt+del but my keyboard doesn't get recognised. I don't know what to do....