Windows 10: how do I read linux files in windows 10

Discus and support how do I read linux files in windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I read linux files in windows 10. i have 3TB hard drive from WD my cloud docked and using usb port. i beleive it is linux os and my win 10 does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steven R Gross, Oct 5, 2018.

1. how do I read linux files in windows 10

how do I read linux files in windows 10. i have 3TB hard drive from WD my cloud docked and using usb port. i beleive it is linux os and my win 10 does not see the usb drive nor the files. how do i get software/or through windows, to view and transfer these backed up files?

thanks

Steven

:)

Steven R Gross, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Oct 8, 2018
  4. how do I read linux files in windows 10

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

how do I read linux files in windows 10

1. how do I read linux files in windows 10 - Similar Threads - read linux files

2. floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?: I was looking at some old disks, cleaning up and figuring out things and found out the windows simply has severe issues with my floppies, most all were made on windows 95,98,ME. some are boot disks. Window looks at for a while, then says disc needs formatting. And if you try...
  3. How do I switch to Linux?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I switch to Linux?: How do I remove Windows and install Linux. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-to-linux/2a0d6d7b-d2a6-4e6d-ad59-291cc560758c
  4. How can i read a Linux partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i read a Linux partition: I have Fedora 31 Linux distro as a dual boot with my windows 10 and usually, I use it for development purposes and sometimes I wanna share with my friend a project using discord and I want to run my project from my windows 10 but win10 doesn't recognize EXT4 partition format...
  5. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows: I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost.. After months of trying to get them to...
  6. How do I make Windows 10 as fast as Linux?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make Windows 10 as fast as Linux?: I need it to develop games but it always get sluggish after a while. the NT kernel often eat up the HDD usage and RAM usage when idling is more than 2GB higher than Linux...
  7. how do I read linux files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I read linux files in windows 10: how do I read linux files in windows 10. i have 3TB hard drive from WD my cloud docked and using usb port. i beleive it is linux os and my win 10 does not see the usb drive nor the files. how do i get software/or through windows, to view and transfer these backed up files?...
  8. Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows: Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with apps that allow accessing Ubuntu ext3/4 file systems through Windows? 114915
  9. How do I read the .zip file given in the BSoD

How do I read the .zip file given in the BSoD: I know a lot in PCs in Windows, however I cannot seem to find out how to read the files in the .zip in the BSoDs. Is there a program for it? Or am I doing something wrong? I want to know since I want to help people more. 53302
  10. How do I read or understand dump file?

How do I read or understand dump file?: Windows 10 created a new crashdump file called ShellExperienceHost.exe.3708 in my AppData/local/Crashdumps folder, does anyone know how to read one of these dump files or what this one means to me??? Thanks. 22175