Windows 10: How do I read the .zip file given in the BSoD

Discus and support How do I read the .zip file given in the BSoD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know a lot in PCs in Windows, however I cannot seem to find out how to read the files in the .zip in the BSoDs. Is there a program for it? Or am I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbAppletic, Jun 13, 2016.

1. How do I read the .zip file given in the BSoD

I know a lot in PCs in Windows, however I cannot seem to find out how to read the files in the .zip in the BSoDs. Is there a program for it? Or am I doing something wrong?
    I want to know since I want to help people more.

:)

AbAppletic, Jun 13, 2016

2. Memory dump upload

I've put together a zip file containing my MEMORY.DMP file as well as the other files as described in the

BSOD Finding and fixing them wiki article
    . I've uploaded the zip file to OneDrive and am ready to share it. Who can I get to analyze this file and how do I go about contacting them?

AaronSentell, Jun 13, 2016
  3. How do I disable the save file option in the Solitaire Collection?

Hi,

Thank you for posting you query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your
    computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Windows App troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

The app troubleshooter will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, try running the Apps troubleshooter. This tool can automatically
    identify and fix some problems with apps.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

SFC scan:

1. Press Windows logo + X.

2. Select command prompt admin.

3. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ (without quotes) and press enter.

4. Restart your computer.

Refer link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833.

Hope this helps. If you have any further issues, please get back to us and we would be happy to help you.

Suvarna Govinda, Jun 13, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

How do I read the .zip file given in the BSoD

You mean the zip created by the DM Log Collector?

There are three types of files in the zip.Those are .txt, .nfo and .dmp.

• To open the zip itself, use either Windows Explorer or 7-zip.
    • To read the text files (.txt), use notepad.
    • To read the system information files (.nfo), use MSINFO32.
    • To read the crash dumps (.dmp), use Windbg.

Thema:

How do I read the .zip file given in the BSoD

1. How do I read the .zip file given in the BSoD - Similar Threads - read zip file

2. .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?: Just a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-and-zip-files-corrupted-how-do-i-fix-it/96d1a290-403e-46b6-a475-458ef4c4bab2
  3. .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?: Just a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-and-zip-files-corrupted-how-do-i-fix-it/96d1a290-403e-46b6-a475-458ef4c4bab2
  4. How do I delete files that are zipped?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files that are zipped?: Hi Microsoft,I wanted to download a free game from Google Chrome. The downloading instructions were unclear to me so I think I messed up something. I had to download a preinstalled game as a file then a .zip file and I also needed another app called 7-zip to extract the file....
  5. How do I delete files that are zipped?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete files that are zipped?: Hi Microsoft,I wanted to download a free game from Google Chrome. The downloading instructions were unclear to me so I think I messed up something. I had to download a preinstalled game as a file then a .zip file and I also needed another app called 7-zip to extract the file....
  6. What caused my BSOD and How do I read and analyze dump files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused my BSOD and How do I read and analyze dump files?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8077d024997, 0xffff8a0ea3836500, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: a68c253b-2f3c-4903-b132-cb7b001b0a5c. Dump Files Link This is the...
  7. What cause my BSOD and How do I read and analyze dump files?

What cause my BSOD and How do I read and analyze dump files?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8077d024997, 0xffff8a0ea3836500, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: a68c253b-2f3c-4903-b132-cb7b001b0a5c. Dump Files Link This is the...
  8. How do i locate and then open a Zipped File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i locate and then open a Zipped File: How do I locate and then open a Zipped file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-locate-and-then-open-a-zipped-file/568a9251-6639-4a2e-834d-22a985e8084d"
  9. Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission": Here's the situation: I have issues zipping up the contents of my wwwroot folder. I do this to back up my personal webwork (and IIS makes it nicely convenient). When I use Windows compression (preferred way, fast and simple), I get the error "File Not Found Or No Read...
  10. How do I read or understand dump file?

How do I read or understand dump file?: Windows 10 created a new crashdump file called ShellExperienceHost.exe.3708 in my AppData/local/Crashdumps folder, does anyone know how to read one of these dump files or what this one means to me??? Thanks. 22175