Windows 10: How Do I Rearrange "Playback Devices" List?

Discus and support How Do I Rearrange "Playback Devices" List? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I recently swapped out my PSU and for some reason that made the list of devices available to play audio from rearrange itself, and I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deiviux90, May 16, 2022.

1. How Do I Rearrange "Playback Devices" List?

Hey,

I recently swapped out my PSU and for some reason that made the list of devices available to play audio from rearrange itself, and I have no idea why or how.

If the OS did it automatically by itself after detecting a hardware change, is it possible to do it manually to my liking, and if so, how?

Screenshot of what I mean, to anyone unsure.

submitted by /u/deiviux90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deiviux90, May 16, 2022

2. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, May 16, 2022
  3. GOF1717 Win User
    Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device

System

WIN 10 Pro

I am trying to set up some bluetooth Headphones. Already reloaded Bluetooth Drivers, sound drivers etc.

I can connect via blue tooth, and see that they are connected but; They are not listed as a sound/playback device, so I cannot select them for playback (by clicking on the speaker symbol on the desktop)

When I go into the device manager, I see the headphones, but they are listed as "Category Unknown". Windows doesn't know what to do with them

Under Bluetooth devices, they are listed under "Other Devices" PAIRED

When I run the Sound Troubleshooter, it says that the headphone jack is on the front of the computer (it thinks they are unplugged).

Bottom line: How do I get Win 10 to realize that bluetooth headphones should be listed as a playback/sound device?

GOF1717, May 16, 2022
  4. How Do I Rearrange "Playback Devices" List?

How do I add a "Play device" to my "Playback devices"?

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.

Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 16, 2022
Thema:

How Do I Rearrange "Playback Devices" List?

1. How Do I Rearrange "Playback Devices" List? - Similar Threads - Rearrange Playback Devices

2. USB speakers are not listed neither in the audio device list not in the Playback devices list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB speakers are not listed neither in the audio device list not in the Playback devices list: Therefore, I cannot select the USB speakers as an audio output. These speakers are not listed in the Playback device list from the audio icon in the task bar.See pictures below...
  3. Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices: I paired my newly bought bluetooth headset to my pc Windows 10. When I go to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices, It show my headset is already connected and paired. And all devices are up-to-date. I resetted my pc recently Although it shows my device is ready to...
  4. Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device

Wireless Headphones listed in "Unknown" category, NOT as Playback Device: System WIN 10 Pro I am trying to set up some bluetooth Headphones. Already reloaded Bluetooth Drivers, sound drivers etc. I can connect via blue tooth, and see that they are connected but; They are not listed as a sound/playback device, so I cannot select them for playback...
  5. how do i playback a dvd

how do i playback a dvd: how do I playback a dvd created by an app on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-playback-a-dvd/d9a7455b-398b-4a00-a021-99db50420c81
  6. Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..: Hi guys.. Im running a Windows 10 on 32bit lenovo thinkpad T61 4gb ram 1tb Hardrive I have purchased a CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR bluetooth and have a Nyne Rebel Speaker My issue is when i installed the >> CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Device driver it all showed up and let me add...
  7. Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth Paired but not listed on Select playback device..: Hi guys.. Im running a Windows 10 on 32bit lenovo thinkpad T61 4gb ram 1tb Hardrive I have purchased a CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR bluetooth and have a Nyne Rebel Speaker My issue is when i installed the >> CSR Bluetooth V2.1+EDR Device driver it all showed up and let me add...
  8. Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device: I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure out where to set them as the playback device. They are not listed in the Sound panel (even when showing disabled and...
  9. How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device?

How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device?: I wanted to temporarily disable my built-in speakers. I went to Control Panel. Clicked on "Sound" which displayed my menu of playback devices. Clicked on my built-in speakers. Clicked on "Properties." Clicked on "Disable." However this removed my speakers entirely...
  10. How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures: I have a lot of pics and documents in Saved Pictures. I want to rearrange them so that they are in a logical order and re group them by interest etc.... I tried right clicking , sliding, copy and paste.........nothing works. I assumed I would have been able to do it...