Windows 10: How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! Following a BOD (probable cause: ssd overload with subseq. damage to sys-/registry files), the ssd was formatted and partitioning changed from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by famHatt, Jul 17, 2019.

1. famHatt Win User

How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro?

Hi!

Following a BOD (probable cause: ssd overload with subseq. damage to sys-/registry files), the ssd was formatted and partitioning changed from MBR to GPT in order to allow a clean reinstallation of win10pro from a repair/installation usb-stick. Prior to this, files on the ssd were backupped to another hd.

Unfortunately, the old registry file(s) could not be located after reinstallation, hence my question:

Is it possible to create/build/refresh the missing entries into the previously installed programs, or is it better to just install everething all over again?

:)

famHatt, Jul 17, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 17, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Caring1 Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I rebuild the registry after a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - rebuild registry clean

2. Doing a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doing a clean reinstall: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 10 Home edition and it got upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Now I have upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro. If I perform a clean reinstall of my system, will I be able to install Windows Pro 11 without having to purchase a license again...
  3. windows 10 pro rebuild

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro rebuild: I own an old HP pc that is running windows 10 pro. Would like to give it to a neighbor. I don't have a windows 10 disk as it was a free upgrade when 10 came out.Is there a way within windows to reset or tell windows to reinstall it self. I just want to change the user name...
  4. windows 10 pro rebuild

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 pro rebuild: I own an old HP pc that is running windows 10 pro. Would like to give it to a neighbor. I don't have a windows 10 disk as it was a free upgrade when 10 came out.Is there a way within windows to reset or tell windows to reinstall it self. I just want to change the user name...
  5. windows 10 pro rebuild

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. How do I reinstall Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reinstall Windows 10 pro: WHATS SO DIFFICULT ????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-windows-10-pro/09c7d0a2-fe30-438f-9393-e3a257485302
  7. Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro

Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro: It's time for me to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop. I can do a total system backup, or even clone my active SSD to a spare HDD. The great majority of my files are located in OneDrive. If after backing up or cloning I do a clean reinstall on the SSD...
  8. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  9. How to clean registry?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean registry?: hi, I have a lot of leftovers from files I deleted or uninstalled, how do I clean it in registry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-registry/d18cb75d-6e3e-4059-bf50-1c59e1588556"
  10. How do I reinstall a Windows 10 Pro upgrade

How do I reinstall a Windows 10 Pro upgrade: OK, here is my situation. I have a computer that started life with Windows 10 home. It was necessary to upgrade it from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I bought the upgrade through the Microsoft Store. The computers operating system was corrupted by a failed Windows...