Windows 10: How do I recalibrate the battery percentage?

Discus and support How do I recalibrate the battery percentage? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I own an XPS 15 9570. I noticed that my battery, according to both the battery report and the intel graphics command center, currently has a charging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sirkrp99, Nov 30, 2020.

1. How do I recalibrate the battery percentage?

I own an XPS 15 9570. I noticed that my battery, according to both the battery report and the intel graphics command center, currently has a charging capacity of around 64800 mWh. Which is much less than the design capacity of 97000.

I figured I would try recalibrating the battery and seeing what happens. I ran it till it died, using it normally, charged it up, and did it again. But the second time I didn't use it and only ran a youtube video till it died. Here's the thing. The laptop automatically goes into hibernation when it reaches 4%. I turned it back on and continued the video thinking it would only last another 10-15 mins, but no. It lasted almost 1.5 hrs. So now I'm thinking that the percentage level is wrong. It stayed at 0% for probably 45 mins to an hour. Is this wrong? If so, how can I fix this?

submitted by /u/Sirkrp99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sirkrp99, Nov 30, 2020

2. Battery Percentage Windows 10

It makes no sense to not have a battery percentage indicator on mouseover. Clicking on the icon to see the percentage leftover is an extra step I'd rather not take.

RyanColby1984, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Kai Ponte Win User
    how to show battery percentage

I've been searching and looking at the settings. Isn't there a way to show the battery percentage on the status bar at the top of the screen? Seems obvious this should be present but I can't find it.

Here's what I found in a search - a very old request - https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/.../3543458-battery-percentage-at-the-status-bar

Here's what I mean - In the picture below, you see my home screen. The battery percentage is not shown. I see a somewhat descriptive icon of a bettery, but would like to see the percentage.

How do I recalibrate the battery percentage? d1bb5f5e-9cc0-480a-b185-4a27ed287646.png

In order to see percentage, I have to actively swipe down as in the picture below -

How do I recalibrate the battery percentage? a0bf7f86-f08f-4ff5-920f-740cfbb0a0a6.png

By comparison, here's the home screen on my older Android-based screen. You can see the percentage of the battery next to the icon.

I'm assuming iOS does this also -

How do I recalibrate the battery percentage? 97c67c1c-b9db-471a-834a-43f910e29181.png

Ideas?

TIA!

Kai Ponte, Nov 30, 2020
  4. [Suejin] Win User

How do I recalibrate the battery percentage?

Battery Percentage is not going

Hello Prabash,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor.

I can see that plugging your laptop doesn't increase the percentage charged on the

battery.

Just to clarify, does charging stops at certain percentage or totally not charging the battery?

There's also a possibility the the power consumption is too much for it to actually charge the battery, try keeping your laptop idle for 10-15 mins and see if there's a progress in the battery.

If it stops charging on a certain percentage, try doing the steps below:

1. Right-click on the battery icon.

2. Select Power Options.

3. Click on Change plan settings.

4. Click on Change advanced power settings.

5. Click Restore plan defaults.

6. Then hit OK.

Check as well if there is an installed utility from the manufacturer that may limit the charging capacity of your laptop. This are common to new laptops to extend the life of it's battery.

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided in this link:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/troubleshoot-b...

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Kind regards.

[Suejin], Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I recalibrate the battery percentage?

1. How do I recalibrate the battery percentage? - Similar Threads - recalibrate battery percentage

2. How do I view battery percentage on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I view battery percentage on windows 11?: www.ponderly.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-view-battery-percentage-on-windows-11/70a73118-841c-4a8e-8977-08410f2f052c
  3. How do I view battery percentage on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I view battery percentage on windows 11?: www.ponderly.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-view-battery-percentage-on-windows-11/70a73118-841c-4a8e-8977-08410f2f052c
  4. How do I fix my battery percentage not rising?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my battery percentage not rising?: Recently, my laptop battery percentage will not go up. If charged, my laptop stays at the same percentage and doesn't get higher, if it's not charging it will go down as usual but if I charge my laptop again, it wont get any higher than the current percentage. Does anyone...
  5. How do I fix my battery percentage not rising?

How do I fix my battery percentage not rising?: Recently, my laptop battery percentage will not go up. If charged, my laptop stays at the same percentage and doesn't get higher, if it's not charging it will go down as usual but if I charge my laptop again, it wont get any higher than the current percentage. Does anyone...
  6. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  7. Battery Percentage

Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  8. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How do I recalibrate m battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I recalibrate m battery?: My laptop shuts off at like 50% for no reason and when I turn it back on with the AC Adapter in it still is at 50% ive had this battery for only a year so I dont think it is the battery life. I dont know how to recalibrate it so a list of steps or something in the comments...
  10. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17