Windows 10: How do I record games in window mode? (pic included)

Discus and support How do I record games in window mode? (pic included) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey Guys, can somebody tell me how to record games like this in particular? Windows somehow doesn't recognize it as a game and tells me (via chatbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jalebreak99, Apr 22, 2020.

1. How do I record games in window mode? (pic included)

Hey Guys, can somebody tell me how to record games like this in particular?

Windows somehow doesn't recognize it as a game and tells me (via chatbox within the red circle): "...can't use Record on Windows desktop or Explorer....to use the Record option open a Game... bla bla...".

Windows Version 1903

:)

Jalebreak99, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Game DVR Glitched recording

I have tried all your steps and these are the results

1. That link doesn't mention my problem troubleshooted. my recording didn't stop but it glitches.

2. My shortcut keys are working and it still records when in windowed mode and also in fullscreen mode.

3. I have previously visited task manager and closed and restarted the task but no use. Still glitched

4. Deleted temporary files and folders from settings but no use. Still glitched.

5. Have no need to change the shortcut keys. they all work fine in windowed and in fullscreen mode.

6. My graphics card drivers are updated and they worked fine previously, before the issue.

I will really appreciate if you send me more suggestions so that this complex issue may be resolved. Please dont forget my issue. Please Microsoft! I am sure we will get this issue to a close. I am sure you will!! Game DVR is my only affordable game-recording
    software and it was pretty great before too. PLEASE DONT LET ME DOWN.

---------Waiting for a suggestion-------

The sample of this video is at my YouTube channel by . Go check it out for more info about the issue and please send me a reply or i may become disappointed :'(

I TRUST YOU AND PLEASE DONT PROVE IT WRONG!

MagicalHoney944, Apr 22, 2020
  4. How do I record games in window mode? (pic included)

Game DVR Glitched recording

We appreciate your reply. Here are methods on how to troubleshoot DVR issues:

Troubleshooting Steps:

Trouble shooter guides can be found at:

Xbox Support

Try Full-Screen Mode:

Sometimes you'll get an error "There's nothing to record" when running a game in windowed mode. It'll refuse to run unless the game is in full-screen mode. You'll have to change the settings in your game to get it to fill screen. Another option is to
    press Alt-Enter and that may switch it to full screen.

You won't see the game bar in full screen so you'll need to use your shortcuts to start/stop recording.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-dvr-windows-10

According to that article you need to press these keys in sequence to start recording. Other keyboard shortcuts won't work.

• Windows + Alt + G
    • Windows + Alt + R

Restart GAME DVR Task:

• Open up the Task Manager (Right click on the taskbar and go to Task Manager OR Press Windows-X and then press T)
    • Find the DVR Server task (bcastdvr.exe). Click it and go to End Task.

Delete Temporary Files:

• Open Settings App and go to System
    • Go to Storage and choose This PC
    • Scroll down and find Temporary files
    • Click on it and then click on Delete temporary files.
    This process may take a while to complete - it all depends on how many you have. Wait until it's complete and then reboot your PC and try again.

Change the Shortcut Keys:

Sometimes it's possible that the shortcut keys are blocked by another program - you can't record by pressing Windows + Alt + R for example.

You can change these or assign a secondary shortcut by:

• Start menu
    • Xbox
    • Settings
    • Game DVR
    • Keyboard shortcuts

Reinstall or Upgrade Your Graphics Card Drivers:

Visit your graphics card manufacturer's website, locate your model and download the latest drivers. Install/reinstall them, reboot and try the DVR again.

We hope this would do the trick, if anything else comes up, we're here to further assist
    you.

Jomari Arc, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

How do I record games in window mode? (pic included)

1. How do I record games in window mode? (pic included) - Similar Threads - record games window

2. How do I fix lag on Xbox Game Bar recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix lag on Xbox Game Bar recording: Every time I try to record Minecraft my fps in the game lowers and when I view the video the video just looks like some of the parts were just cut out and laggy....
  3. How do I fix lag on Xbox Game Bar recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix lag on Xbox Game Bar recording: Every time I try to record Minecraft my fps in the game lowers and when I view the video the video just looks like some of the parts were just cut out and laggy....
  4. Record in Game mode not capturing any video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record in Game mode not capturing any video: On the domain abc.net.au it seems that video cannot be recorded in game record mode, just the audio is being captured. Here is a link to a video that I have been trying unsuccessfully to record. Have tried both the Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers with the same result....
  5. How Do I Know if Game Mode is On for a Game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Know if Game Mode is On for a Game?: Hello, I'm trying to increase performance on a few games on my Surface Pro 7 and I just want to be sure that Game Mode is running for the games. It is enabled in Settings but when I press Windows+G while I'm in a game I don't see a check box to tell me whether or not game...
  6. how do I record a greeting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I record a greeting?: How do I record a greeting to add to my emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-record-a-greeting/47c9e63b-5616-487b-a58a-b6b80423c087
  7. Streamlined Mouse Settings Idea (Pic Included)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streamlined Mouse Settings Idea (Pic Included): Hello, i have an idea about streamlining Windows 10 settings to stop using the old school control panel and i have photoshopped how it's supposed to look like. The new streamlined setting SHOULD AIM TO ELIMINATE THE ISSUE inside registry for (MouseSensitivity) in which it...
  8. How Do I resize a Pic from Amazon ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I resize a Pic from Amazon ?: I have a doctor's appointment next week and I have been taking some over the counter supplements. I was going to list the supplements ( Coenzyme Q10, Turmeric, Vitamins, DHEA,) and what they provide as a percentage of the daily requirement. But because I have about 6 or 8...
  9. How do I delete pics on Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete pics on Lock Screen?: I have changed several pictures several times on the Lock Screen, and now every once in awhile a picture pops up on it which I don't want. Is there any way to delete the few pictures on there so thee is only one? 21216
  10. Battery problem [Pics included]

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery problem [Pics included]: [img] 2016-11-27, 14:40:22, OK, 18%, 0.00, -1, 1969, , 12.595, 1969, 18.1%, , , , , , , , , , , , 2016-11-27, 14:40:23, OK, 18%, 0.00, -1, 1969, , 12.595, 1969, 99.5%, , , , , , , , , , , , 2016-11-27, 14:40:24, OK, 100%, 0.00, -1, 0, , 12.595, 0, 100.0%, , , , , ,...