Windows 10: How do I record video? See post for requirements

Discus and support How do I record video? See post for requirements in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Logitech c922x camera and I would like to record video with it. I recently made a post, trying to figure out how to record my computer sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JOSHSKORN, Jun 17, 2020.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

How do I record video? See post for requirements

I have a Logitech c922x camera and I would like to record video with it.

I recently made a post, trying to figure out how to record my computer sound and my mic at the same time. The objective was to record myself singing to a karaoke video on YouTube, as an audio file, using Audacity. After downloading two apps, and a lot of messing around, I finally figured it out. In the end, I needed to configure Audacity to utilize virtual Playback and Recording devices.

Trying to do this with video, I went ahead and looked into the Camera app in Windows 10. It's not very user friendly. Not only that, I do not see any way to set the recording and playback devices for it. I'm guessing it just uses whatever your default options are, according to your Sound settings. Unfortunately, that isn't good enough. I need to be able to configure them from within the app I'm recording with.

That said, I'm just looking for a free decent video recording app. Please reply with your suggestions. Thanks.

:)

JOSHSKORN, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 17, 2020
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I record video? See post for requirements - Similar Threads - record video post

2. how do i get a video i recorded back in snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get a video i recorded back in snipping tool?: i did not press the bin icon, i had the screen where you can watch it back open, but i accidentally closed it, how do i get it back, answers only please, i would do anything to get it back, it was 45 minutes worth of content...
  3. how do i get a video i recorded back in snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get a video i recorded back in snipping tool?: i did not press the bin icon, i had the screen where you can watch it back open, but i accidentally closed it, how do i get it back, answers only please, i would do anything to get it back, it was 45 minutes worth of content...
  4. Record video

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Record video: I have a lecture that I can't download but only be able to play in browsers. I need an app that would record my chrome page only. At the same time, I want to be able to use other apps which shouldn't affect the chrome recording process. Does anyone know any app or have any...
  5. Why can't I see my videos that I recorded in Windows capture?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't I see my videos that I recorded in Windows capture?: When I try to view some clips of my game, I can only see the thumbnail and can hear the audio but the actual footage is the settings menu in game even though I was playing. Also I don't use OBS as it's always blurry no matter the quality and settings I use. submitted by...
  6. How do I see a video from a iphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I see a video from a iphone: How do I see a video from a iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-a-video-from-a-iphone/e1c7ceee-fd07-4fc6-92dc-d4328fea11bd
  7. How Do I post video of my problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I post video of my problem?: Hello, I have problem which will be easier if I post video of it. how do I attach video? it lets me attach pictures but I cant seem to find a way to attach video :...
  8. Video recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video recording: I cannot record a video with my camera app for windows 10. The camera takes pics but when I click the record button it doesnt record. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-recording/65ea25c0-a3a3-40c7-be8a-9b9900de23ee
  9. How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rotate a video on Windows 10 that was recorded on an android phone?: Hi After looking through my old video collection I noticed some videos look like they have been recorded sideways for whatever reason even though the videos were recorded normally. I'm wanting to rotate these so I can view on a Windows 10 computer. I've looked up threads...
  10. How do I see answers to my post!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I see answers to my post!: I have several notes in my mailbox that someone has replied to my Post of Windows Update Problems of the new OS, but I don't see them when I click on the message link!...