Windows 10: How do I recover files from a windows 10 temporary account?

Discus and support How do I recover files from a windows 10 temporary account? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I logged into Windows 10, and it created a temporary account for me. I managed to find all of my desktop files in my original profile and then cut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristineRobinson4, Jan 26, 2021.

1. How do I recover files from a windows 10 temporary account?

I logged into Windows 10, and it created a temporary account for me. I managed to find all of my desktop files in my original profile and then cut them, and pasted them onto the temporary profile. I logged back in today and whatever issue there had been resolved itself and windows 10 logged me into my proper account. Now my desktop has no files whatsoever. I have tried to find them in the temporary account, but there is no desktop folder and I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where the files are, or how to recover them?

:)

ChristineRobinson4, Jan 26, 2021

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Jan 26, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I recover files from a windows 10 temporary account?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

How do I recover files from a windows 10 temporary account?

1. How do I recover files from a windows 10 temporary account? - Similar Threads - recover files temporary

2. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  3. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  4. How do I recover files from vhdx?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from vhdx?: I am new to the topic of virtual machines so please bare with me.I was playing around with VMs when I accidentally deleted it. I am now left with a backup vhdx file. I tried...1 importing the vhdx into a new VM, but it would not boot properly2 mounting it, but it is giving me...
  5. How do I recover files from vhdx?

How do I recover files from vhdx?: I am new to the topic of virtual machines so please bare with me.I was playing around with VMs when I accidentally deleted it. I am now left with a backup vhdx file. I tried...1 importing the vhdx into a new VM, but it would not boot properly2 mounting it, but it is giving me...
  6. How do I delete Temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete Temporary files?: How to delete temporary files, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-temporary-files/47a31507-485a-4553-883a-e22809bb8a10
  7. How do I delete Temporary files?

How do I delete Temporary files?: How to delete temporary files, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-temporary-files/47a31507-485a-4553-883a-e22809bb8a10
  8. How do I recover files from a deleted temporary account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I recover files from a deleted temporary account?: Originally, my computer logged into a temporary account on Windows 10 because the main account was having a few issues. I copied some files from the Desktop over to the temporary profile, but when I restarted the computer, the temporary account was gone and I was logged back...
  9. How can I recover the files that I moved in a temporary account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I recover the files that I moved in a temporary account: Please help. I wasn't aware that I was logged in a temporary account. I panicked and I was looking for my desktop folders and files. Then I found them in the C:\Users\User\Desktop. I copied them in the desktop of the temporary account that I was unaware of. I restarted my...
  10. How to retrieve files from a temporary account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to retrieve files from a temporary account?: I was logged into a temp account earlier this week and saved all my files on there. How do I retrieve them? I checked in Temp folders and there were no files whatsoever submitted by /u/tdidster [link] [comments]...