Windows 10: How do I recover my deleted files after upgrading to Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I recover my deleted files after upgrading to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I was using Windows 8.1 then upgraded to Windows 10, but all of my personal files has deleted and I tried best of recovery programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dana Khalil, Oct 14, 2015.

1. How do I recover my deleted files after upgrading to Windows 10?

Hi guys,

I was using Windows 8.1 then upgraded to Windows 10, but all of my personal files has deleted and I tried best of recovery programs and they're not helped me.
    So, if I roll back to my previous version of Windows, does my personal files recoverd?

Thanks for you.

:)

Dana Khalil, Oct 14, 2015

2. Files missing after Windows upgraded automatically

How can I recover my office files after a unexpected Windows 10 upgrade that delete Windows 7

original Title :Office & windows 10

BriJean2000, Oct 14, 2015
  3. How do I recover deleted files?

Hi Jennie,

If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidentally modified or deleted a file, you can restore it from a backup (if you're using Windows backup) or you can try to restore it from a previous version. You can refer
    to this article for the steps:
    Recover lost or deleted files

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Oct 14, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

How do I recover my deleted files after upgrading to Windows 10?

No. Rollback doesn't affect personal files. In fact to do a rollback would make chances of recovering files worse as you would be writing more to the disk.

If you don't have backup and can't recover them they are lost unfortunately.

5. Joergi Win User
    In fact there are data recovery programs, which you could try to use. However, I agree with halasz in one important point: Your data (or huge part of it) most likely is no longer there: When a file gets deleted, then it most likely is recoverable. But when the sectors, in which this file had been saved, get overwritten by something else, then the previous information is lost. The upgrade writes gigabytes of data to disc so chances are not good.

If you have a backup, you should try going from there.

Apart from that I do not understand, why the upgrade would delete your files. Usually your files will just stay as they were before...

Joergi, Oct 14, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    How did you do the upgrade?
    Did you tell it to save files and settings during the upgrade?

Can you find any of the files in C:\Windows.old?

Ztruker, Oct 16, 2015
  7. Whatphoeb Win User
    Files and settings stored in the Users or Documents and Settings subfolders of Windows.old might still be available in Windows.old after 28 days, but other files, including Windows installation files, will be deleted. If you decide you want some or all of these files back, you can usually retrieve them from this folder.

Whatphoeb, Oct 17, 2015
  8. Nancy Sal Win User

Hi! No can't recover data if you roll back to previous version of Windows. Not all the tool is capable of recovering data. The only way to recover your files is to make use of professional and reliable recovery tool. Try out this one, it might work http://ajsyscorp.com/simple-methods-...from-windows-8

Nancy Sal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I recover my deleted files after upgrading to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - recover deleted files

2. How do I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my files?: I was installing an external hard drive and i copied over the program files86 folder, so I assumed that I could delete the original one to clear up space from my internal disk. But now a bunch of things aren't working such as fortnite or the epic games launcher. I don't know...
  3. How do I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my files?: I was installing an external hard drive and i copied over the program files86 folder, so I assumed that I could delete the original one to clear up space from my internal disk. But now a bunch of things aren't working such as fortnite or the epic games launcher. I don't know...
  4. How do I recover my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my files: boyfriend went and decided to upgrade and put Windows 11 on our PC ,Fresh start so everything on our computer is gone! completely! How do I get my **** back and I'm not talking Windows OneDrive cuz that I have still obviously. I mean I can't get into anything I want to be...
  5. How do I recover my files

How do I recover my files: boyfriend went and decided to upgrade and put Windows 11 on our PC ,Fresh start so everything on our computer is gone! completely! How do I get my **** back and I'm not talking Windows OneDrive cuz that I have still obviously. I mean I can't get into anything I want to be...
  6. How do I recover a file that's entirely deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover a file that's entirely deleted?: Hello.Yesterday I accidentally deleted a file and by mistake emptied my recycle bin, and I didn't create a backup. How do I recover it?I tried installing an app called: "Windows File Recovery" from the Microsoft Store, but I do not know how to run it. The program has two...
  7. How do I recover a file that's entirely deleted?

How do I recover a file that's entirely deleted?: Hello.Yesterday I accidentally deleted a file and by mistake emptied my recycle bin, and I didn't create a backup. How do I recover it?I tried installing an app called: "Windows File Recovery" from the Microsoft Store, but I do not know how to run it. The program has two...
  8. How do I recover a file that's entirely deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. how do I recover files after deleting a my Microsoft account on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I recover files after deleting a my Microsoft account on my laptop?: how do I recover files after deleting a my Microsoft account on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-files-after-deleting-a-my/a4649c44-4a54-4ed5-bc5b-099ab33768e8
  10. how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ?: Lost All my files, pictures, download, documents, desktop apps, do too the upgrade of windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-files-that-was-eliminated-by/faf75199-4634-492f-afe4-0e9defaa16a3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 recover shift deleted files