Windows 10: how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ?

Discus and support how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lost All my files, pictures, download, documents, desktop apps, do too the upgrade of windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geneo123, Nov 25, 2019.

1. geneo123 Win User

how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ?

Lost All my files, pictures, download, documents, desktop apps, do too the upgrade of windows 10.

:)

geneo123, Nov 25, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2019
  4. how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ?

eidairaman1, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ?

1. how do I recover my files that was eliminated by the recent upgrade to windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - recover files was

2. How do I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my files?: I was installing an external hard drive and i copied over the program files86 folder, so I assumed that I could delete the original one to clear up space from my internal disk. But now a bunch of things aren't working such as fortnite or the epic games launcher. I don't know...
  3. How do I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my files?: I was installing an external hard drive and i copied over the program files86 folder, so I assumed that I could delete the original one to clear up space from my internal disk. But now a bunch of things aren't working such as fortnite or the epic games launcher. I don't know...
  4. How do I recover my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my files: boyfriend went and decided to upgrade and put Windows 11 on our PC ,Fresh start so everything on our computer is gone! completely! How do I get my **** back and I'm not talking Windows OneDrive cuz that I have still obviously. I mean I can't get into anything I want to be...
  5. How do I recover my files

How do I recover my files: boyfriend went and decided to upgrade and put Windows 11 on our PC ,Fresh start so everything on our computer is gone! completely! How do I get my **** back and I'm not talking Windows OneDrive cuz that I have still obviously. I mean I can't get into anything I want to be...
  6. How do I eliminate the sign in under Windows 10

How do I eliminate the sign in under Windows 10: Dear Forum, I don't need to have a sign in for my HP laptop with Windows 10, as I am the only one using it, only at home. How do I eliminate this step during log in?...
  7. How do I delete my recent files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete my recent files?: So when i go onto file explorer, it comes up with recent files. I dont want to delete the files, i just want to delete my history. Any help? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-recent-files/14d96fc6-3c51-4cce-b9b4-7aee974d5405
  8. How do I recover recently deleted video files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I recover recently deleted video files?: I recently deleted a few videos and now I regret. But I don’t know how to get it back. So how do I get the files back? submitted by /u/FuryYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbkj4l/how_do_i_recover_recently_deleted_video_files/
  9. How do I recover admin password and how do eliminate my Windows password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I recover admin password and how do eliminate my Windows password?: Split from this thread. all I want is to recover admin. p.w. wanted to put new antiverius program. cant do it it because it keeps asking for admin. p.w. plus I am the only one that uses computer. I do not want to have a sign in p.w. or code. I just want to click and I am...
  10. How do I recover my deleted files after upgrading to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I recover my deleted files after upgrading to Windows 10?: Hi guys, I was using Windows 8.1 then upgraded to Windows 10, but all of my personal files has deleted and I tried best of recovery programs and they're not helped me. So, if I roll back to my previous version of Windows, does my personal files recoverd? Thanks for...