Windows 10: How do I recover my old email account without supplying old emails received from family and...

Discus and support How do I recover my old email account without supplying old emails received from family and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone. I am having difficulty persuading Microsoft that my old email account is mine but their robots wont believe me. Having been abroad in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelJoyce5, Feb 5, 2020.

1. How do I recover my old email account without supplying old emails received from family and...

Hi Everyone. I am having difficulty persuading Microsoft that my old email account is mine but their robots wont believe me. Having been abroad in South Africa and Malawi for three and a half years I arrived back in the UK last November and bought a computer and a new phone, an iphone. My mistake, at my age was to not have kept my old ones. Microsoft will not recognise my email address which I have had for many years and therefore will not recover my account. I cant supply old texts sent to me by family and friends because my old phone is wiped clean. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in anticipation

:)

MichaelJoyce5, Feb 5, 2020
  2. George R Win User

Recover old IMAP emails & folders from Outlook 365

I have an issue with a local install of Outlook 365 (Windows 10), which was connected to 2x IMAP email accounts.

TL;DR Question: Is there any way of recovering old IMAP files & folders from Outlook 365?

The background:
    The IMAP email provider has gone bust, so no send/receive functions are working. However the folder structure in Outlook has been used by someone to organise other emails that were working.

Since finding & setting up a new email provider, and altering the IMAP connection password so that it now works, all the old organised structures have gone - clearly because the new IMAP provider doesn't have the old structure stored on there. I need to recover these, ideally.

Might a system restore to a point prior to the password change bring back the emails?

George R, Feb 5, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How do I recover my old email account without supplying old emails received from family and...

Stop receiving emails to old email address

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

To stop receiving emails on the Gmail account, please open the email that you are receiving, at the bottom of the email you will find the option to unsubscribe from the email notifications. Follow the on-screen instructions to unsubscribe form the
    emails.

If you are still receiving emails, I would suggest you to get in touch with Google support and they will help you with the issue.

However, to receive notification emails on your Outlook account, you can follow the same steps provided in my previous reply, click on
    Manage communication permissions for your Outlook account and can select which notifications you want to receive.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I recover my old email account without supplying old emails received from family and...

1. How do I recover my old email account without supplying old emails received from family and... - Similar Threads - recover old email

2. How do I replace an old email address on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace an old email address on my account: My email address was hacked and I can no longer reach it. I have a new email address but Microsoft says it will take a month to change it?Can anyone help me do this sooner?ThanksShane Devenshirerespond to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** *** Email address is...
  3. How do I replace an old email address on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I replace an old email address on my account: My email address was hacked and I can no longer reach it. I have a new email address but Microsoft says it will take a month to change it?Can anyone help me do this sooner?ThanksShane Devenshirerespond to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** *** Email address is...
  4. An old email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    An old email account: How do I get my computer tp stop searching for an email account that is so old that have no information about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-old-email-account/54c5ce24-2cbd-4660-a222-868b7144bd7d
  5. Old Email Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Email Account: How do I delete an old comcast.net email account that I no longer use? I continue to get emails from Microsoft saying, "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have not used this account in years as it was setup for a...
  6. Old Email Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Email Account: I have an old email that I am unable to get into anymore. How do I remove it from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/fa01e24d-40f8-4cba-af9f-26313cd5122a
  7. Recover old email address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover old email address: Hello, I am trying to recover an old email address that I can't remember the password too. When I try to log in or look up the account it's say the domain is not available....
  8. old email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old email account: I have an old email account yahoo on my old computer, how do I get yahoo on my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/03deee82-172d-4ac0-8bd7-1160a9e26c42
  9. Stop receiving emails to old email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Stop receiving emails to old email address: Hi! I created a microsoft account with a gmail address some years ago. Then i added an outlook mail and put it as the determinated one. i deleted the gmail address from my account. Everything seems to be ok, but i'm still receiving the microsoft notifications (from the...
  10. Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.: Hello. I have had an email acc with virgin.net for some 30 plus years. About a year or so ago I was informed it was about to close and I would lose all my saved emails. I have tried to save some about a year ago but am hoping there is a simple one button press that will...