Windows 10: how do I recover my windows 10 key if my computer has crashed

Discus and support how do I recover my windows 10 key if my computer has crashed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer has crashed, my drive is dead, how can I recover my windows product key? I have the serial number of the computer, it's a HP Desktop PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VicNowo, Jul 19, 2020.

1. VicNowo Win User

how do I recover my windows 10 key if my computer has crashed

My computer has crashed, my drive is dead, how can I recover my windows product key? I have the serial number of the computer, it's a HP Desktop PC.

:)

VicNowo, Jul 19, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jul 19, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 19, 2020
  4. how do I recover my windows 10 key if my computer has crashed

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

how do I recover my windows 10 key if my computer has crashed

1. how do I recover my windows 10 key if my computer has crashed - Similar Threads - recover key computer

2. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...
  3. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...
  4. How do I recover my product key for a windows license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my product key for a windows license?: I recently purchased a license for windows 10 and it says I need to activate windows. I already did this. I went through my order history and cannot find the product code anywhere. The email I received is simply the receipt of the purchase. How can I recover the product key...
  5. How do I recover my product key for a windows license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my product key for a windows license?: I recently purchased a license for windows 10 and it says I need to activate windows. I already did this. I went through my order history and cannot find the product code anywhere. The email I received is simply the receipt of the purchase. How can I recover the product key...
  6. How do I recover my product key for a windows license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do i recover my lost windows license keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i recover my lost windows license keys: I lost the windows license keys which were ordered by me. Is there a way through which i can request them to microsoft or ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-lost-windows-license-keys/80ff4994-c77d-4a46-a57c-097a2e1674e8
  8. i lost my windows product key, how do i recover it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i lost my windows product key, how do i recover it?: the title pretty much sums it up. i lost my product key and i need to get it recovered. any idea as for how?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-windows-product-key-how-do-i-recover-it/5d9ef480-3847-4077-ac56-f29734682419
  9. How do i recover my bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i recover my bitlocker key: I lost my key for bitlocker recover how do i get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-bitlocker-key/787f6c14-6573-493c-b824-feec7e2cc829
  10. My computer crashed. Had to reinstall Windows 10. How do I recover my photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer crashed. Had to reinstall Windows 10. How do I recover my photos?: Basically that. My computer would not start and gave me error 0xc000000F. During recovery it did not allow me to keep my files. Had to install Windows 10 again (which means I also lost my Office Home and Student) Please, is there a way i can recover my photos? that's what I...