Windows 10: How do I reduce tabs in Chrome but save the sites for later reference

Discus and support How do I reduce tabs in Chrome but save the sites for later reference in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use an extension called Tabs Outliner which is great! I can see all my tabs in one window with a complete title. However, I have so many tabs open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nisko, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I reduce tabs in Chrome but save the sites for later reference

I use an extension called Tabs Outliner which is great! I can see all my tabs in one window with a complete title. However, I have so many tabs open that I'm using up all of my 16GB of memory. I'm looking for suggestions on how to open up my memory while not losing my tabs. Thank you in advance.

:)

Nisko, Mar 20, 2018

2. How do I reduce the size of windows tabs. I accidentally hit a keyboard shortcut and cant revert it back to normal now?

Hi,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Apologies for delayed response.

I suggest you to manually Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Uninstall the driver and go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Refer the below steps to uninstall the driver.

1. Press “Windows + X” and select Device Manager.

2. Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

3. Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall and
    follow the onscreen instructions.

4. Restart the computer and download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 20, 2018
  3. kaleZM Win User
    How do I reduce the size of windows tabs. I accidentally hit a keyboard shortcut and cant revert it back to normal now?

The display setting to change the size of text and other items is set to 150% which is recommended for my computer. If I reduce it to 125%, the text becomes too small but the panel at the top of word or any other window remains the same.

kaleZM, Mar 20, 2018
  4. How do I reduce tabs in Chrome but save the sites for later reference

Hi,
    Bookmark them.
    No way to open up more ram without adding more.

ThrashZone, Mar 20, 2018
  5. I'm having trouble understanding what you are asking, so I may be off, but could you just save the sites as bookmarks? Then you can easily open them as needed?

DeaconFrost, Mar 20, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    You could consider testing Vivaldi. (chrome based) - You can hibernate tabs to save memory and tabs will be remembered and restored if you close the browser then relaunch it.

How do I reduce tabs in Chrome but save the sites for later reference [​IMG]

Callender, Mar 21, 2018
  7. Nisko Win User
    Thanks folks! I do know about Bookmarks - but Vivaldi sounds like something I'd like to look into.

Nisko, Mar 21, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

In Chrome you could try the Automatic Tab Discarding experiment in about:flags...

Edwin, Mar 21, 2018
  9. Callender Win User
    Thanks for that. It works in Vivaldi too. *Nerd

Callender, Mar 21, 2018
  10. Edwin New Member
    Upon a chrome://restart/, open the Chromium Task Manager to check if it is working properly; the suspended from memory tabs should be in italics...

Edwin, Mar 21, 2018
  11. Nisko Win User
    Thanks again! I'll have to look into that one too. I'm glad you folks are giving me options so I can pick the best one for my application.

Nisko, Mar 21, 2018
  12. strollin Win User
    Whenever someone tells me they have so many tabs open that they use all of their memory, I have to ask, why do you need so many tabs open at once? Unless you have a very slow connection, it takes almost no time to reopen a site. You can bookmark the sites you use as has already been suggested. For sites that you visited but forgot to bookmark, you should be able to find them in your browser history.

strollin, Mar 21, 2018
  13. Nisko Win User

Thank you - I've never used bookmarks - I guess it's time to start.

Nisko, Mar 21, 2018
  14. Callender Win User
    I find this interesting. Using Vivaldi Task Manager it would appear that suspended tabs use zero memory. Screenshot of task manager shows 4 tabs open but only 1 with memory usage as thee other three are "suspended tabs"

Callender, Mar 21, 2018
  15. Nisko Win User
    I'm confused in (I think) in how you worded this. Could you please explain this a little more? Thank you.

Nisko, Mar 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I reduce tabs in Chrome but save the sites for later reference - Similar Threads - reduce tabs Chrome

2. how do i find someone's password that they saved on my computer for a site

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i find someone's password that they saved on my computer for a site: how do i find someone's password that they saved on my computer for a site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-someones-password-that-they-saved-on/e08a778b-b1d2-4727-80ae-4d1c140aff0b
  3. how do i find someone's password that they saved on my computer for a site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i find someone's password that they saved on my computer for a site: how do i find someone's password that they saved on my computer for a site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-someones-password-that-they-saved-on/e08a778b-b1d2-4727-80ae-4d1c140aff0b
  4. how do i find someone's password that they saved on my computer for a site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I reduce the Google Chrome CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I reduce the Google Chrome CPU usage: How can I reduce the Google Chrome CPU usage [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reduce-the-google-chrome-cpu-usage/f304e122-4875-4f36-a353-ef27f15bc587
  6. how to do i reduce the size of this thing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to do i reduce the size of this thing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/itzkitten [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbmy58/how_to_do_i_reduce_the_size_of_this_thing/
  7. Too many chrome tabs how do I stop this madness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too many chrome tabs how do I stop this madness: I open one chrom tab but in task manager it says I have 32 or so open. How do I close these past tabs? Why are there so many??? submitted by /u/CzarTyr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fg8khy/too_many_chrome_tabs_how_do_i_stop_this_madness/
  8. How do I reduce winkles in faces

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reduce winkles in faces: How do I reduce winkles in faces. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reduce-winkles-in-faces/cc48407a-3b33-408f-96f7-9789f9a1f42a
  9. Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome keeps opening new tab with spam sites: I think I’m seriously going crazy with this problem. Google Chrome keeps opening new tab with some spam sites (mostly https://go.mobiforth.com) but also some other weird stuff. I searched around the web and I feel like I tried almost every possible solution that I found, but...
  10. Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs: Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from things users can’t see. This includes background tabs, which consume a third of Chrome's power usage on desktop. Starting in...