Windows 10: How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?

Discus and support How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, so basically my computer either runs idle at around 55-65 percent of ram usage, or around 75% at other times. With no programs running it’s one or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItsYaBoyChipsAhoy, May 13, 2020.

1. How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?

Hi, so basically my computer either runs idle at around 55-65 percent of ram usage, or around 75% at other times.

With no programs running it’s one or the other. I notice it’s usually the 75% whenever I run a resource heavy program and leave it idle for a long time, like an IDE or Chrome.

If I actively use the resource heavy program it’s no problem, but when I leave my computer for like say an hour with it running, after I close it the computer goes back to 75% idle.

How do I stop this unnecessary ram usage?

submitted by /u/ItsYaBoyChipsAhoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ItsYaBoyChipsAhoy, May 13, 2020

2. How to reduce memory usage in window 10?

Hi Yirga,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the steps and check if memory usage can be reduced.

• Press and hold the “Windows” button and the “R” button.
    • In the run window you will need to write the following: “dfrgui” without the quotes.
    • Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
    • In the new window that shows you will need to left click or tap on the hard drives you want to defragment.
    • After you have selected the hard drives you will need to left click or tap on the “Optimize” button and follow the instructions on the screen to finish the defragment process.
    • After the defragmentation is completed reboot your Windows 10 device and try to see if it improved your RAM usage.
    Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 13, 2020
  3. eppixx Win User
    How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used

How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

eppixx, May 13, 2020
  4. How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?

How to reduce memory usage in window 10?

Ram usage in window 10 goes up to 75% and above.Most of the size is used by system and system host. I have disabled as many Windows services as possible and change many setting but there is no change.The RAM size is 4 GB so
    i really want to reduce the RAM usage.

yirgaHagos, May 13, 2020
Thema:

How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?

1. How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows? - Similar Threads - reduce unnecessary ram

2. How do i reduce RAM usage on Windows 10 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reduce RAM usage on Windows 10 22H2?: Hi, i'm using an HP-15 da2180nia. I have 8 gb RAM and i use reset my pc for a fresh start and without having any program open, Windows is using like 4.7 gb of my RAM. And with just discord in chrome open, it uses 5 gb. How do i reduce this WITHOUT upgrading my ram?...
  3. How do i reduce RAM usage on Windows 10 22H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i reduce RAM usage on Windows 10 22H2?: Hi, i'm using an HP-15 da2180nia. I have 8 gb RAM and i use reset my pc for a fresh start and without having any program open, Windows is using like 4.7 gb of my RAM. And with just discord in chrome open, it uses 5 gb. How do i reduce this WITHOUT upgrading my ram?...
  4. How do i reduce RAM usage on Windows 10 22H2?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser: Technically Chrome uses a lot of RAM and bandwidth compared to other browsers. As I have a lot of tabs opened in a single window , how can I still reduce the RAM usage without deleting the tabs. I have posted a question and tried to provide innovative solution to google...
  6. How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce the RAM and bandwidth usage of Chrome browser: Technically Chrome uses a lot of RAM and bandwidth compared to other browsers. As I have a lot of tabs opened in a single window , how can I still reduce the RAM usage without deleting the tabs. I have posted a question and tried to provide innovative solution to google...
  7. How to Free up, Reduce or Limit RAM usage in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Free up, Reduce or Limit RAM usage in Windows 11: [ATTACH]You may notice your Windows 11 system is taking a performance hit which could potentially lead to a crash, freezing or not responding issues – this is primarily due to the computer keeps running high on memory usage in some cases. In this post, we will offer ways PC...
  8. Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.: I have had my PC for a while and its slowly been slowing down.. In the first SS it shows the processes using my RAM In the second SS it shows the RAM usage and the numbers dont seem to add up Is there some Cache i dont know about that should be cleared or is there something...
  9. How do I reduce disk usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reduce disk usage?: [ATTACH] Windows10 has trouble updating as it tells me I need to reduce hard disk space usage. How can I do that when almost all of the space consumed is by system and reserved windows files? I have removed all other programs that are not critical to me....
  10. How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used: Please advise Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos 138213

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reduce idle ram use in windows 10