Windows 10: How do I reformat an USB stick to hold larger files than 4 G?

Discus and support How do I reformat an USB stick to hold larger files than 4 G? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I reformat an USB stick to hold larger files than 4 G?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredGreenblatt, Feb 20, 2019.

1. How do I reformat an USB stick to hold larger files than 4 G?

How do I reformat an USB stick to hold larger files than 4 G?

:)

FredGreenblatt, Feb 20, 2019

2. Formatting a USB Stick

Windows wants me to reformat a USB stick that I was using earlier in the day with no issues. If I reformat I'll lose my files.

Suggestions?

Richard Kerfoot, Feb 20, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Milton Win User

Problem with a 64gb USB Verbatim flash stick

Cleaned the WinToUsb drive (G) with DiskPart as suggested and now it just says USB Drive (G).
    I cannot seem to be able to format it with either NTFS or FAT(Default) ?

I think what you said about creating a partition is probably what I didn't completely understand....and may have bypassed that step ?

I think I need you to guide me through that step.

Milton, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I reformat an USB stick to hold larger files than 4 G? - Similar Threads - reformat USB stick

2. How to submit a file for malware analysis that is larger than 500mb

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to submit a file for malware analysis that is larger than 500mb: I work for an eLearning company that makes small training simulations with Unreal Engine 4. Currently one of our .exes triggers the windows defender smartscreen which is concerning to the end user. A solution we are trying to pursue is to submit a file for malware analysis...
  3. What to format larger USB sticks with? NTFS? exFAT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What to format larger USB sticks with? NTFS? exFAT?: I bought a few 32GB sticks the other day. They came formatted with FAT32. Immediately I had trouble copying the Win10 20H2 ISO to it (greater than 4GB). Formatting to NTFS solved it of course. But I'm curious if, for use as a general USB stick (plugging it into Windows,...
  4. How do I format a larger USB Drive to FAT32?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I format a larger USB Drive to FAT32?: I have a 64GB USB Drive that I want to format to FAT32, what can I use to do this? submitted by /u/The321gofast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7j2yp/how_do_i_format_a_larger_usb_drive_to_fat32/
  5. How do I change the pitch of the speakers by more than 4?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the pitch of the speakers by more than 4?: I know there are sound enhancements to the speakers as provided by Realtek (I think). However the 'pitch shift' is limited to +4 or -4 semitones. How can I get beyond these limits? See attachments if pic doesn't show up. 168686
  6. Download Error on Amazon Prime Video for Windows for files larger than 4 GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Error on Amazon Prime Video for Windows for files larger than 4 GB: Getting this error if any downloaded movie exceed 4 GB //We encountered a problem while trying to download to your device. Please try again". WA_3503// Kindly provide solution for this....
  7. Transfer files to USB stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files to USB stick: I am trying to copy a file from my computer to a flash drive usb stick to transfer the file to my laptop. My computer is using windows 10, nothing happens when I put the usb stick in the computer. I don't have a clue how to do this. Any help would be welcome....
  8. How do I boot from my USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I boot from my USB stick?: Usually setting the Boot Order in BIOS is obvious but not sure with mine. Which do I select? How can I determine for certain whether Windows did boot from the USB stick? (Opening the image in a new tab will put it the correct way. Not sure why it is upside down here. Sorry...
  9. picture larger than screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    picture larger than screen: picture is larger than screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/picture-larger-than-screen/7369f263-396f-4c03-8d1f-4a1b0b2c6f13
  10. How do I reformat the 64GB USB stick used by media creation tool ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reformat the 64GB USB stick used by media creation tool ?: My usb sticks were either 8GB of less, and 64GB, so when using the media creation tool to upgrade Windows 10.240 to the November update which failed, I had used my 64GB disk. [img] However, I cannot use it for anything else. Worse, it is now 32GB. If I 'open as...