Windows 10: How do I reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from a bootable USB and then activate windows?

Discus and support How do I reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from a bootable USB and then activate windows? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to reformat my SSD/HDD and then activate windows after installing it from a USB drive. According to my windows activation settings, my digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by thabroccolidood, Jan 1, 2019.

1. How do I reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from a bootable USB and then activate windows?

I want to reformat my SSD/HDD and then activate windows after installing it from a USB drive. According to my windows activation settings, my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. Does this mean that when I need to activate Windows 10 again, all I need to do is log in and it will be activated again? Thanks

:)

thabroccolidood, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 1, 2019
  3. streetfighter 2, Jan 1, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

How do I reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from a bootable USB and then activate windows?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

How do I reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from a bootable USB and then activate windows?

1. How do I reformat my SSD and reinstall windows from a bootable USB and then activate windows? - Similar Threads - reformat SSD reinstall

2. How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron N5010. I bought it refurbished with a Windows 10. I wasn't enjoying it because it was lagging. I replaced the windows 10 with a window 7.Last month, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start afresh. I created a bootable USB drive with Rufus using...
  3. How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron N5010. I bought it refurbished with a Windows 10. I wasn't enjoying it because it was lagging. I replaced the windows 10 with a window 7.Last month, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start afresh. I created a bootable USB drive with Rufus using...
  4. how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...: i have recently installed a stripped-down version of windows 11 as i transitioned to windows 11, but one thing has not transferred: my digital license of windows that came with the purchase of my desktop. it is now saying that i do not have a valid license key and is denying...
  5. how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...

how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...: i have recently installed a stripped-down version of windows 11 as i transitioned to windows 11, but one thing has not transferred: my digital license of windows that came with the purchase of my desktop. it is now saying that i do not have a valid license key and is denying...
  6. When reinstalling windows 11 with a bootable usb, should I format the SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When reinstalling windows 11 with a bootable usb, should I format the SSD?: So I deleted a system file and am using a bootable usb to reinstall a fresh copy of windows 11. Should I format my SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-reinstalling-windows-11-with-a-bootable-usb/897deee0-d1a9-446f-9a67-bba12aae14a2
  7. When reinstalling windows 11 with a bootable usb, should I format the SSD?

When reinstalling windows 11 with a bootable usb, should I format the SSD?: So I deleted a system file and am using a bootable usb to reinstall a fresh copy of windows 11. Should I format my SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-reinstalling-windows-11-with-a-bootable-usb/897deee0-d1a9-446f-9a67-bba12aae14a2
  8. Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.: So, When I was using windows i got a No bootable device, After I waited for 2 says my USB came with windows iso file inside it. I selected it and it worked but i turned my pc off in the Repair my computer and I tried reinstalling again but its shows No bootable device i...
  9. how do i create a bootable media usb to reinstall windows?

how do i create a bootable media usb to reinstall windows?: I'm stuck on the automatic repair loop and have tried everything to no avail. My last option is to create bootable media by USB and I have no idea how to do that....
  10. How can I reinstall the original Windows 10 with bootable usb that was on my Fujitsu...

How can I reinstall the original Windows 10 with bootable usb that was on my Fujitsu...: I have a Fujitsu Lifebook, A Series, Model A555, installed Geniun windows 10 in it. Suddenly my windows won't able to boot, I tried to repair my OS through all the recovery options available in advanced options none of them worked. Now I'm trying to reinstall my windows...