Windows 10: How do I regain administrator status on my PC

Discus and support How do I regain administrator status on my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About two weeks ago I selected one HP printer and the other HP printer ran the job. Weird? Then, I wanted to scan a document to make a PDF file, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomHuntley, Mar 31, 2020.

1. How do I regain administrator status on my PC

About two weeks ago I selected one HP printer and the other HP printer ran the job. Weird? Then, I wanted to scan a document to make a PDF file, and could not launch the scanner app for my HP laserjet 281 fwd printer. When I tried to diagnose the problem, my printer 281 printer did not show up, but the 402 did. Really weird! OK...let's delete and reinstall the 281 printer s/w. Error message said I couldn't because I needed to log in as an administrator. That prompted a scrub of my windows 10 install in search of errors. Some were found and corrected. Back to the printer. After that, I tried the run as administrator trick again and still no luck. The 281 app shows up in the list of applications, yet I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND A WAY TO DELETE IT, NOR CAN I MAKE IT WORK! Frustrated in Michigan.

:)

TomHuntley, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User

how to regain administrator account after signing to windows 10

Hello,

To assist you better, we would like to know more. Kindly clarify the following:

• Is your Administrator account a Microsoft account or not?
    • What do you mean by regaining? Do you mean you cannot access your Administrator account?

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Brian Cab Win User
    Enabling administrative status on user account

Hi Jordan,

To address your concern, You can do the following steps provided below:

• Create a new account and set it as Administrator.
    • Log in to the new account and set your original account as Administrator from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

How do I regain administrator status on my PC

Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

Thema:

How do I regain administrator status on my PC

1. How do I regain administrator status on my PC - Similar Threads - regain administrator status

2. How to regain access to pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain access to pc?: I was unable to connect to wifiongoing issue so in efforts to troubleshoot i disabled all startup programs. Now I'm unable to login as my finger print reader doesn't work and the pin doesn't work. I'm in panic mode at this point because of all my files on this laptop. I'm...
  3. How to regain access to pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to regain access to pc?: I was unable to connect to wifiongoing issue so in efforts to troubleshoot i disabled all startup programs. Now I'm unable to login as my finger print reader doesn't work and the pin doesn't work. I'm in panic mode at this point because of all my files on this laptop. I'm...
  4. How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS: Hey there,I have lost all the primary admin rights of my ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 and my computer with an ASUS motherboard. They were gone after resetting the devices. I have already tried to regain them without any success. Here is a short list of what I already tried:-...
  5. How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS: Hey there,I have lost all the primary admin rights of my ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 and my computer with an ASUS motherboard. They were gone after resetting the devices. I have already tried to regain them without any success. Here is a short list of what I already tried:-...
  6. How do I regain audio on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I regain audio on my laptop?: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 laptop which has been having some major audio issues. First, some background. This laptop was a replacement laptop given by the company after I used their 30 day free return warranty. As with the first model, after a few days, Windows settings...
  7. Administrator status on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator status on my PC: My home PC wont allow me to access Task Manager, Power Settings, Etc. and says i am no longer an administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-status-on-my-pc/0a75cf27-b8b9-4f94-97a4-6f6f8509bbcd
  8. How do I regain control over my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain control over my computer?: Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access bing.com. Why? I don't know. Then Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant (wlidsvc) tries to log me in to login.live.com (I do not use nor want to use a Microsoft account). Then it tries to log me into Windows Insider Service, which I...
  9. Regain windows activation status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regain windows activation status: I am currently using a Windows 10 Home single language OS activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. I am hoping to install Linux OS replacing Windows 10 for some time. Once that period is over I am hoping to reinstall Windows 10 Home SL again. My...
  10. Regaining Administrator Access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Regaining Administrator Access: I'm the sole user of my computer. Previously, I was able to use it as an administrator, but I somehow ended up creating a separate administrator account. Unfortunately, I can't seem to switch it back. I wish I could go into more detail, but I'm not entirely clear on how I...