Windows 10: How do I regain audio on my laptop?

Discus and support How do I regain audio on my laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 laptop which has been having some major audio issues. First, some background. This laptop was a replacement laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnonymousAsker, Jul 21, 2021.

1. How do I regain audio on my laptop?

Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 laptop which has been having some major audio issues. First, some background. This laptop was a replacement laptop given by the company after I used their 30 day free return warranty. As with the first model, after a few days, Windows settings wouldn't open. As such, I fixed it the way I had last time, using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool this time, I didn't change the system font though.Although this fixed the problem with Windows settings, it immediately replaced that with a new problem where audio doesn't work at all.When I right clicked it, this appe

:)

AnonymousAsker, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 21, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 21, 2021
  4. How do I regain audio on my laptop?

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

How do I regain audio on my laptop?

1. How do I regain audio on my laptop? - Similar Threads - regain audio laptop

2. laptop audio muted. How do i unmute audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop audio muted. How do i unmute audio: laptop audio muted. How do i unmute audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-audio-muted-how-do-i-unmute-audio/a59f6b73-fc56-440a-91ec-512813ce2008
  3. laptop audio muted. How do i unmute audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop audio muted. How do i unmute audio: laptop audio muted. How do i unmute audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-audio-muted-how-do-i-unmute-audio/a59f6b73-fc56-440a-91ec-512813ce2008
  4. Lost sound. How do I regain sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost sound. How do I regain sound?: Lost sound. Control Panel indicates that speakers are not enabled. Tried to enable but system will not respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-how-do-i-regain-sound/a470c6e9-4b01-4c6a-9e9a-764a5f86a8f4
  5. How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:?

How Do I regain Properties and access to my Local disk C:?: I accidentally deleted my local disk security properties when I was trying to figure out a way to fix Uk logs DAT file eating up my storage and ended up losing access to the drive. I tried trying to reset my laptop in order to regain access but it didn't work. I searched up...
  6. How do I regain control over my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain control over my computer?: Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access bing.com. Why? I don't know. Then Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant (wlidsvc) tries to log me in to login.live.com (I do not use nor want to use a Microsoft account). Then it tries to log me into Windows Insider Service, which I...
  7. How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain my privacy and use ShutUp 10 ?: Hi, I want to disable all crap telemetry in Windows 10 including: Windows 10 Keylogger, Cortana, adds and unecessary apps from the start menu Disable\prevent Microsoft from accessing my files stored locally on my PC to prevent them accessing my confidential files Which...
  8. How do I regain administrator status on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I regain administrator status on my PC: About two weeks ago I selected one HP printer and the other HP printer ran the job. Weird? Then, I wanted to scan a document to make a PDF file, and could not launch the scanner app for my HP laserjet 281 fwd printer. When I tried to diagnose the problem, my printer 281...
  9. How do I regain independent volume control?

How do I regain independent volume control?: Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the highest) and set my laptop's master volume to wherever I want. For example, I could set my headphones up to 100% and have the...
  10. How do I regain independent volume control?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I regain independent volume control?: Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the highest) and set my laptop's master volume to wherever I want. For example, I could set my headphones up to 100% and have the...