Windows 10: How do I regain control over my computer?

Discus and support How do I regain control over my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access bing.com. Why? I don't know. Then Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant (wlidsvc) tries to log me in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ftorneek, Jun 16, 2020.

1. How do I regain control over my computer?

Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access login.live.com (I do not use nor want to use a Microsoft account). Then it tries to log me into Windows Insider Service, which I have never signed up for nor want. Then it tries to access a MS server for the maps manager (I don't use nor want to use that, either), and every time I use photo.exe it, too, tries to phone home to the mother ship.

How do I get all this crap to stop? I managed to set up my computer using only a local account on the machine, in spite of MS' efforts to make that extremely difficult. The Sign-in Assistant nags me about every five minutes to try to get me to log in to their servers. Extremely annoying. Although I paid for it, MS seems to think it's their computer. It's not. How I do I get control back from those assholes?

I've searched the web and tried all the common means to stop the sign-in assistant and the insider services. No joy. It appears that Microsnot has changed the operating system so that previously known fixes now don't work, just as they've changed firing up Windows for the first time without a Microsnot account so that's virtually impossible now, too.

Please help.

submitted by /u/ftorneek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ftorneek, Jun 16, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

OCZ Receives Extension to Regain Compliance with NASDAQ Listing Requirements

OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced that the Nasdaq Stock Market ("Nasdaq") has accepted the Company's plan to regain compliance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5250(c)(1) (the "Rule") which will permit the continued listing of the Company's stock on the Nasdaq Capital Markets.

On December 17, 2012, the Company submitted to Nasdaq a plan to regain compliance with the Rule. After reviewing the Company's plan to regain compliance, Nasdaq granted an exception to enable the Company to regain compliance with the Rule. Under the terms of the exception, on or before February 28, 2013, the Company must file its 10-Q for the period ended August 31, 2012 and all other delinquent periodic reports, as required by the Rule.

btarunr, Jun 16, 2020
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jun 16, 2020
  4. How do I regain control over my computer?

How do I regain cursor control after Windows10 upgrade?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type ‘Troubleshooting’, and press
      enter.
    • Click on ‘Hardware and Sound' and select ‘Hardware and Devices' .
    • Then click on next to run the troubleshooter.
    Try to uninstall and re-install the Mouse drivers. You may follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the Mouse drivers:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” in the “Run” Command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Device Manager” window, search for the Mouse drivers, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device
      you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I regain control over my computer?

1. How do I regain control over my computer? - Similar Threads - regain control computer

2. How to regain control of computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to regain control of computer: Updated and restored my computer and not I have no access to do anything, I cant open CMD prompt with admin I get check spelling error code. When trying to download a program I get a not valid short file name....
  3. How do I regain audio on my laptop?

How do I regain audio on my laptop?: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 laptop which has been having some major audio issues. First, some background. This laptop was a replacement laptop given by the company after I used their 30 day free return warranty. As with the first model, after a few days, Windows settings...
  4. How to regain control of my admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to regain control of my admin account: I am the sole owner of my laptop running Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.388). Yesterday I changed my account from an admin account to a standard user account and now I cannot access the admin account. Whenever I try to access the admin account it asks for a...
  5. How to regain control of my admin account

in Windows 10 Support
    How to regain control of my admin account: I am the sole owner of my laptop running Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004, OS Build 19041.388). Yesterday I changed my account from an admin account to a standard user account and now I cannot access the admin account. Whenever I try to access the admin account it asks for a...
  6. How do I regain administrator status on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I regain administrator status on my PC: About two weeks ago I selected one HP printer and the other HP printer ran the job. Weird? Then, I wanted to scan a document to make a PDF file, and could not launch the scanner app for my HP laserjet 281 fwd printer. When I tried to diagnose the problem, my printer 281...
  7. someone has taken over my personal computr adiministrative authority how do i regain it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone has taken over my personal computr adiministrative authority how do i regain it: on my personal computer some one has taken my administrative authority and taken control of my pc by remote control access I need to know what to do to regain control of my computer and the authority over it and how to keep this from happening again?...
  8. How do I regain independent volume control?

How do I regain independent volume control?: Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the highest) and set my laptop's master volume to wherever I want. For example, I could set my headphones up to 100% and have the...
  9. How do I regain independent volume control?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I regain independent volume control?: Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the highest) and set my laptop's master volume to wherever I want. For example, I could set my headphones up to 100% and have the...
  10. The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC?: It's an invasion of privacy. Why can Microsoft download things into my computer without my permission? I should have the right to decide what goes into my computer and what doesn't. They refuse to let us turn the updates off and I can't restore my system past the last update....