Windows 10: How do I regain independent volume control?

Discus and support How do I regain independent volume control? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kenneth Dickerson Jr., Nov 28, 2018.

1. How do I regain independent volume control?

Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the highest) and set my laptop's master volume to wherever I want. For example, I could set my headphones up to 100% and have the laptop volume at 10 or something, and if I wanted it louder, just turn up the laptop volume.

Now, turning up the Bluetooth hardware volume also turns up my laptop volume, which results in it being too loud or too soft. This means, the max for the laptop is now the max for the headphones. That's not really ideal for me.

I believe this is connected to one of Window's updates. In any case, how do I regain independent volume control?

:)

Kenneth Dickerson Jr., Nov 28, 2018

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Nov 28, 2018
  3. 7thSense Win User
    7thSense, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

How do I regain independent volume control?

How do i control Bluetooth speaker volume independently

Once you've set the physical volume buttons on the device whilst controlling it's Master Volume, say 50%, switch back to the PC Master from the Volume flyout......

How do I regain independent volume control? [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

How do I regain independent volume control?

1. How do I regain independent volume control? - Similar Threads - regain independent volume

2. How do I join the independent advisor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I join the independent advisor?: I want to work as a Technical independent advisor. How do I apply?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-join-the-independent-advisor/e433c5c3-b6cf-4e6b-bba6-17d08a9042a6
  3. How do I join the independent advisor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I join the independent advisor?: I want to work as a Technical independent advisor. How do I apply?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-join-the-independent-advisor/e433c5c3-b6cf-4e6b-bba6-17d08a9042a6
  4. How do I join the independent advisor?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to regain control of computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to regain control of computer: Updated and restored my computer and not I have no access to do anything, I cant open CMD prompt with admin I get check spelling error code. When trying to download a program I get a not valid short file name....
  6. Independant volume control for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Independant volume control for dual monitors: Hello,I've bought an Acer Nitro monitor which comes with built in speakers, and I'm in need of a second monitor. I'm considering ordering another one identical to this, but I'd want to be able to control the volumes from the keyboard hotkeys for volume control, treating the...
  7. How do I regain control over my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain control over my computer?: Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access bing.com. Why? I don't know. Then Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant (wlidsvc) tries to log me in to login.live.com (I do not use nor want to use a Microsoft account). Then it tries to log me into Windows Insider Service, which I...
  8. How do I regain independent volume control?

How do I regain independent volume control?: Previously, I could set my Bluetooth Headphones volume to its highest with its built-in hardware buttons (Skullycandy - they beep whenever you hit the highest) and set my laptop's master volume to wherever I want. For example, I could set my headphones up to 100% and have the...
  9. How do i control Bluetooth speaker volume independently

How do i control Bluetooth speaker volume independently: i just downloaded an update to windows 10 and found out that my volume controls had changed. previously, i could set the bluetooth volume to its highest with its hardware buttons and set my laptop master volume to where i want it. now turning up the bluetooth hardware volume...
  10. Volume Mixer Issues with Independent Program Volumes

Volume Mixer Issues with Independent Program Volumes: I'm trying to understand why when I open the volume mixer and raise the "Device" volume all the other independent volumes for the other programs raise to at 50% of the Device's volume. How do I keep them all equal? I'd rather not have to raise each and every one separately....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. independant volume controller

2. control Bluetooth headset volume and laptop volume independently